webcool
06-11-2009, 01:23 AM
This is website and the entire design is done by me alone:

http://www.villamarinelifestylesgreece.com/

I am open to all criticism.

Czar
06-11-2009, 03:20 AM
Hey webcool,

You've done a great job. The site works well and is certainly inviting. There are a few minor things that could be done to make it even better, though.

The menu items are all a little hard to read and the button style is quite dated. Using a simpler CSS nav with a clean background colour and high contrast text would make those elements more usable. It's probably a good idea to try to combine the two main menu systems to have into one unified, expandable menu, as it's unclear as to why some menu items are on the left-hand side of the page and some are on the right.

The breadcrumbs at the top of the page provide a good indication as to where you are in the site, but the "Home" link in the breadcrumbs doesn't seem to work.

Images used within property descriptions definitely need to be processed dynamically (by Image:Magick or GD) so as to ensure they are optimised. The tiny thumbnail that appears at the top of this listing, for example, if over a 1400Kb in size, when it could easily be about 1% of that:
http://www.villamarinelifestylesgreece.com/view_portfolio.php?id=100&lifestyle=other

Images that load 100 times faster will make the site vastly more usable.

Personal preference, but I would also center-align the container div and would have a stunning water effect extending out to the right and left as a background graphic. At the moment, the site looks cramped on high res displays.

Overall, you've done a fantastic job, particularly because you managed to do the whole thing yourself. A few small visual tweaks and this should be a real winner for you.

I hope this helps,

ruby.mein
06-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Cool!.. There are lots of places to choose.. And it is easy to navigate..

cooluks
06-20-2009, 03:16 AM
This is website and the entire design is done by me alone.

I am open to all criticism.

Great site you've got there. But please minimize the advertisement. It's too flashy. :crazy:

GSE-Media
06-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I agree with Czar about the colors of the menu items. That was the first thing that stood out to me - they were a little hard to read with the gradient background.

I did browse around a bit but not in depth. Didn't find anything major and looked good to me aside from that.

Elizbat
07-06-2009, 04:43 AM
good website, dear u have done a good job.

jenny
07-07-2009, 12:52 AM
yes!!! you make a great job keep up the work!!!

jenny
07-07-2009, 12:56 AM
nice sites very creative design for sites