PDA

View Full Version : Should I add the date to my News/Updates Section on my website?

moonbaseone
03-20-2009, 01:26 AM
I have been experimenting with not adding the dates to my news/updates ection on my website. What do you think? Should I add the date with each update or should I just add the update and leave the date of the update out?

I guess without the date, if I fall behind, it would still look like I am keeping on top of things because the visitor would just read the comments. But, I do add the date, the visitor woould see how often I am updating the site, if I do it like I want too, which is atleast every 2 - 3 days.

webcool
03-21-2009, 12:01 AM
I have never seen people updating blogs without mentioning the dates. It helps the readers to make a quick decision about the blog. I would rather suggest you to update blogs with dates.

ruby.mein
03-30-2009, 04:23 AM
I'd never heard before a blog that has no "date".. I think every blog has it so the visitors would know that you are updating your website.

qutark
07-20-2009, 09:16 PM
data--of course ansd i rememer one major difference is b/w the blog and web is the date thing

wsz
07-24-2009, 07:00 AM
It depends on how often you actually update the pages.

If it is something where I might go through and update every few months or longer, I don't put a date. If it is something were I might update every couple of weeks or so, then I would put the date.

Basically, the date emphasises the freshness level. If it says six months ago, then it looks stale, even if all of the text and links are still useful. If it says six days ago, then it looks good, because it confirms that the content is currently meaningful and reliable.