PDA

View Full Version : Alt attribute

Athlon
01-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Hi guys

I am working on one of my sites and am looking for some advice in alt attribute for some of the images.

I have an image which is used as a background image. I have text over the image as text. I did this so that spiders could pick up the text rather that just an image. The text is in white so that it shows up against the image?

My questions are:

1) If the image does not display in the browser for what ever reason the text will still display but will now be the same colour as the background. Will search engines view this as black hat and either ignore it or worse penalise my site because of it.

2) I would like to add alt attribute to the image. I dont want to appear to be keyword stuffing but is it acceptable to put the 4 short text statements that appear over the image in the browser into the alt attribute statement?

Del
01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I think there is a way to set a background color, but have the image sit over it. That would allow the text to be read even when the image isn't loaded.

webcool
01-16-2009, 04:34 AM
I think the first one will not be considered as blackhat seo but the second one appears as a spam.

vik88
01-16-2009, 07:29 AM
i agree with webcool! you know.. it's a universally recognized facts!

jeffsmith
01-24-2013, 06:20 AM
you can give the title to the alternate info "BG image" .