PDA

View Full Version : Does Google protect against ....

kec24
10-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Does google have a way to know if someone is clicking on your Adwords Ad to bump your ad cost up?
I had an Ad running and got about one sale per 15 clicks, then I got about 50 clicks and not one sale. Could someone just be clicking on a new ad to knock me off? Does google monitor this?

thanks
Kevin

thegauntlet
10-03-2007, 09:32 AM
There are so many other things that factor into a sale. I don't think Google will credit you for not getting a sale. They will credit you if you can prove they were fraudulent clicks made by a bot or the same person.

Bondings
10-03-2007, 03:54 PM
It could have been bad luck since the numbers are pretty small. Maybe next time you'll get more clicks than on average.

But yes, Google does monitor it, although they don't catch everything, especially small and sophisticated activities. If your competitor clicked 50 times after each other on the same ad, with the same/similar ip in a short period of time then Google almost 100% certain caught it.

kec24
10-03-2007, 08:56 PM
ok thats kinda what i thought. Just wanted to make sure,

Thanks
Kevin

fusionhosting
10-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Google doesn't charge for multiple clicks from the same visitor, you'd just be charged for the 1st click.

As Bondings said it would need to be more sophisticated for Google to miss it. Plus your 15-50 clicks are too little to establish any probability of a sale from with so many variables on why someone may or may not make a purchase.

You could start watching for trends over a one-month period, but depending on your market you'll often find certain months online just like offline can be really good or bad for sales. For my e-commerce site that sells Electronics, Aug-Oct haven't always been lower than other months. But even with 4 years of that trend, we did have a good August and September this year.