PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Tax / Web Sponsors

WildComputer
03-26-1999, 07:47 PM
Just checked my stats...no results yet to Turbo Tax (but I have a couple of hundred + click thrus)

Has anybody got any results for Turbo Tax yet for March (probably meaning I have a very low conversion rate) or for previous months.

I'm doing a site update over the weekend and want to know whether I should swap/change Turbo Tax links.

Ericy
03-26-1999, 10:45 PM
Well I never gotten anything from Turbo Tax. I also sent about one hundred clicks to them

WildComputer
03-27-1999, 03:49 AM
May be it hasn't come thru yet - how long u been advertising it Ericy ? [I joined Web Sponsors in late Feb]

I also took another look at the Turbo Tax offer at the generic free2try. I guess the person is really buying it with a 30 day delay on payment. Additionally the page we link to has a lot of graphics that can take a while to download (and no text at all!). Maybe these are the deterrent to sign ups - but I'd still be surprised if I get none.

[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 03-27-99).]

jmiller
03-28-1999, 06:50 AM
IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY CLICKS YOU SEND, THEY HAVE TO ACTUALLY SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM AND DOWNLOAD IT!!! I ALREADY GOT PAID FOR THAT 16.50 SIGNUP! IT WORKS...

WildComputer
03-28-1999, 08:58 AM
jmiller - we all know it doesn't matter how many clicks we send. The point is what % of them do sign up.

In my case I guess it's very low % because it's now close to 300 uniques (upto 27 March) and no sign ups show in my stats.

This is in sharp contrast to @Backup which is generating downloads (although obviously only a few % of click thrus)

Anyway by implication you've answered my question - which is the sign-up rate is very low, and I should concentrate on other programs.

WildComputer
04-04-1999, 01:59 AM
HURRAY! Got some results.

390 unique click thrus, 2 sign ups in March

This works out to only $0.08 per unique click. Disappointing but better than nothing.