PDA

View Full Version : Find out how much your site is worth

Larwee
03-17-2006, 01:14 PM
I put this in geek/yak because after using what I'm going to mention for a couple of weeks, to me it was a novelty item. It is something for entertainment purposes only. You might even consider it to be a game in a way. It isn't a real serious tool at the present time.

The idea behind it is to find out how much a site is worth as well as the income of the site. In reality, this isn't what happens all of the time. It might be right or close on some, but on others it is way off. Some sites that were sold here at Geek/Talk are shown as being completely worthless, not even worth a penny.

So this is something you might want to use for a little fun and check a few sites, including your own. It might inform you that it is a site worth a small fortune that is generating a bundle of money, or it might tell you it isn't worth a penny. It might even come up with correct information.

This is in beta. Possibly there are plans to improve the results in the future.

It is called PennyRank and here is a link to it http://www.pennyrank.com

trabaho
03-17-2006, 09:00 PM
wow I would like to know what factors they use to rate your site. Age of domain registration should be a good one.

tomattomat
03-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Interesting. Mine is worth $ 27,500. I'll sell it to those who wants to pay that much :p

besimple
03-18-2006, 10:33 AM
umm try, putting in sites with and without the "www."... :)

dojo
03-18-2006, 11:44 AM
it gives me 0 for one of my best developed sites :D

JFS
03-24-2006, 11:26 AM
"Note 3: Very small sites are not tracked by PennyRank. By default they are worth $0."

guess mine are all very small sites :/

tomattomat
03-26-2006, 08:30 AM
My guess is that PennyRank used Alexa as a gauge on whether a site is worth something or not. If Alexa rank is above 1 million, I am guessing that your site will be worth 0.

Kathy
03-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Mine is underestimated as the "monthly revenue" number is less than half what it actually is....

Edited to add: I sell products/paid service on my site....but I also have paid advertisements. First I selected "sells products" then I went back to see the difference for advertisement revenue. Very very off...very under valued compared to my daily/monthly/annual revenue for advertising.

Add them together and they are still undervalued.

Czar
03-29-2006, 04:10 AM
I think GeekVillage should start selling products. We sure could use that cool $3 million. :D