PDA

View Full Version : Forgiven!

LuvBrrdz
04-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Post deleted due to the fact that it's been discussed before.
Glad to know you all know about it.

Larwee
04-20-2005, 06:31 PM
This particular .us issue was discussed in this Geek/Talk thread http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26836

LuvBrrdz
04-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Taking my pouty post out...
There's no need to pout anymore.

Larwee
04-20-2005, 09:02 PM
LuvBrrdz, let us try to get things going on the right foot.

First of welcome to Geek/Talk. You will find this to be a very helpful place with a lot of very nice people. Strange as it is I even consider myself one of them.

After you have been around here for a while I think you might just have a different opinion of me.

You can go to my profile and use the option to see the previous posts I have made. Read some of them and you will have an idea of what type of person I am.

No you aren't expected to know everything that has previously been discussed. Even people who have been members for years sometimes don't know everything that has been posted.

I was a lurker for over 5 years before I became a member and I read every post that was made here. I still read every post. Even with that there might be times I'm not sure of every topic that has been covered previously.

You might notice that I have posted a lot of times. But there is something very unusual about my postings and it approaches being unique.

I only post to help other people. That is the role I decided I would have for myself when I joined Geek/Talk.

I never have made a post asking for help with a problem although I know there are many helpful people here. I only post things I feel will be of help to Geek/Talk members and readers.

For someone to post as much as I have and to have them be only postings to help others is extremely unusual.

I'll let time help you decide what type of a person I really am.

Am I a perfect person? The answer is no?

Do I try to be the best possible person I can be? The answer is yes?

Have I ever said things that were taken the wrong way? The answer is yes?

Do I try to hurt people on purpose? The answer is no.

Do I make attempts at humor at time? The answer is yes?

Do some of my attempts at humor fall flat? The answer is yes.

Do I hate that you misunderstood what I posted? The answer is yes.

Have many other Geek/Talk members said that they really like my postings? The answer is yes.

Do I sometimes make some very long postings? I think you know the answer to that is yes.

So, as I said before -- let us try to make a fresh start and see how things go in our future exchanges.

Again, welcome to Geek/Talk. It is a very fine community. I hope you make the very best of your membership and I hope you will love Geek/Talk as much as I do and as much as so many of the other members do.

Jan
04-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Glad to see you two worked things out :) Welcome to the forums LuvBrrdz :wave:

Larwee
04-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Yes, Jan we worked things out and we even exchanged a few private messages.

It really was nothing more than a misunderstanding. The reason for the misunderstand is a little funny - not real funny but a little funny.

I have absolutely no idea why, but for some reason their is a belief that my posts are sometimes long. How could anyone ever get that idea?

By the way, that was a joke. I know how people got that idea and people sometimes joke about it and I laugh with them.

I just made a very short post and LuvBrrdz misunderstood it. In a private message LuvBrrdz told me that's what happens when I go against my nature and not write a long post.

Just so you'll know, that's what I was what I found a little funny.

If I had made a long post and gone into full details there would have been no misunderstanding.

In any case I'm also glad to see things were worked out.

Eriky
04-21-2005, 01:57 AM
Larwee, you use a lot of newlines between rows. I stopped reading your posts for that reason more than once. It's kind of annoying somehow to see all the whitespace.

I personally prefer either no new lines or a few paragraphs, each with it's own (sub) topic. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way, but I think most people will prefer a post the way I decribed it.

LuvBrrdz
04-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Yep, everything is good! I look forward to getting to know you all better, so I can be in on the jokes. :D

Steve_S
04-22-2005, 10:59 AM
LuvBrrdz,

Welcome to the "Village" (2x) and best of luck :)

LuvBrrdz
04-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks ;)