PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime

Larwee
02-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I've been thinking a little about Amazon Prime. Perhaps my brain is a little tired. But it is causing me to wonder a few things about this relatively new feature.

An Amazon customer pays $79.00 per year for Amazon Prime membership.

With the membership they get free two day shipping. If they want overnight shipping they pay $3.99 per item.

A person can share a membership with up to 4 family members in the same household.

Free shipping is always something nice to have. People who buy a lot might find it worth $79.00 a year to save on shipping.

The $79.00 a year is an extra source of income for Amazon. I guess you can't blame them for looking for additional revenue sources.

Perhaps my brain just doesn't function and perhaps it is so obvious that I just don't see it. But, as an Amazon affiliate I'm wondering if this will be a big help to affiliates.

Possibly an Amazon Prime member would order more and possibly order more often because of not having to pay shipping. There might be some advantages for affiliates that I just don't see. Perhaps my thought process just isn't working right now.

Is there something very obvious with Amazon Prime that is a big benefit to affiliates that I'm missing?

Pilatus
02-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Would surprise me that it would be even a bad thing

In some months affiliates don't get paid for reffering these members.

Just a thought