PDA

View Full Version : Bye-bye Amazon [Affiliate Program]

Pages : [1] 2

Rhea
04-16-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm calling it quits with Amazon. First they messed around with the commission structure. Then they introduced 'Pick Up in Store' (no affiliate commission). The proverbial nail in the coffin is they're now running third-party affiliate links on product pages in competition with their own products. As in the following example:
Customers interested in Absolutely Fabulous may also be interested in:
Sponsored Links (What's this?)

Absolutely Fabulous
Find the Lowest Price Here! Prices, Reviews, Specs, and More
www.pricegrabber.com

$78.98 for Complete DVD
Cheaper than Amazon and Others Complete Ab Fab Season on DVD
www.comedycatalog.com
I've sent them hundreds of my visitors this month and had one marketplace sale, the worst month I've had in years. Not good enough. Bye-bye, Amazon.

Nintendo
04-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Can you post a URL to an example? I can't find that any where.

Rhea
04-16-2003, 10:29 PM
It was on this page, but it's gone now.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671527142/

Czar
04-16-2003, 10:39 PM
That looks like the Google AdWords distro deal coming into effect:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20770

Definitely not good news for affiliates.

sdarken
04-17-2003, 12:58 AM
You really have to wonder how many off-site links they can throw on the page without effecting (affecting?) their sales. I would imagine they will proceed very very carefully with Adwords. Those are definitely AdWord Ads. If you search for "absolutely fabulous" on Google, you will see the same ads mentioned appear on the right side of the Google search results page.

I don't know if you noticed but one of those ads is pretty funny, given where they are appearing ..... "Cheaper than Amazon and Others"

maddeningcrowds
04-17-2003, 07:01 AM
It all seems a little odd to me, Amazon being an online store, you'd think they'd concentrate on sales & looking after their affiliates, and not have any advertising at all.

I think its really unprofessional when I see ads on ecommerce sites.

Rhea
04-17-2003, 07:02 AM
Simon, it was that particular phrase that angered me. And I'm guessing that it's that particular phrase that caused the adwords to be pulled by Amazon. Odd that it was there one day, I posted about it on the Amazon associates' BB, and then *poof* it disappeared.

And you know what I found? BBC America, a CJ advertiser, sells that DVD set for the same price that comedycatalog.com advertises it. So my Ab Fab link now goes to BBC America. Their commission rate is 15 percent. ;)

alteredskate
04-17-2003, 10:07 AM
I think I might follow Rhea eventually, but right now I have $76 stuck in my account, so I have to try and make it to the minimum.

Because I only advertise video games I'll likely go with http://www.chipsbits.com/ . They pay 10% commission instead of 5%, and they have games available for pre-order sooner than Amazon. They also have a lower minimum earnings. The only thing I don't really like about the program is their stats system. It's a weekly (I think) email that shows your sales.

njpete
04-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Yeah i gave up an amazon a long time ago. I only have some remnent pages with them on it (for now), recently it just seems to be one thing after another with them. The raising of their min balance was it for me.

I also don't get why they are being cute now because things seem to be going great for thier company.

jnestor
04-17-2003, 01:15 PM
I suspect that the AdWords deal is of interest to amazon because: 1) It'll bring them a lot of money (even from people who don't buy anything) and 2) it was pitched in a way made it seem like it would be other items of interest that Amazon doesn't sell. I suspect #2 because of some of the phrasing in the announcement. If google can really do that it'd probably be worth it for Amazon. If they can't I suspect it'll go away. I mean things like an ad on the AbFab page for a convention where one of the stars will be appearing or something like that. Or concert tickets on a page about a band. Something that wouldn't compete with amazon's own sales.

kryton
04-17-2003, 04:36 PM
I've never been happy with Amazon. They were always just very convenient because their wide range of stock. I'll never stop using them because it would be a huge undertaking to replace their links, even though all my sites are automated in that respect. So I'm stuck with them. I'm sure they have ****** in many people like me, who's sites have just grown and grown over the years, and can not be bothered to replace their links with others.

AhmedF
04-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Altered .. havent used either of them much, but I once did a survey, and most popular was ebgames.com for gaming.

HTH :)

Nintendo
04-17-2003, 05:25 PM
:::They were always just very convenient because their wide range of stock. I'll never stop using them because it would be a huge undertaking to replace their links, even though all my sites are automated in that respect. So I'm stuck with them.

That's exactly why I'm using them. They offer so many items and let you link to any itme!! Plus there the most populer store on the internet, and when you get big fat checks from them, it's real hard to stop using them. Plus, thanks to AWS, I'm now able to make over 700 SSI pages in one day advertising products, thanks to making a few changes to Mr. Rats COOL script!!!!! It might suprise you but until the end of last month I was always bashing and flaming the AWS services!!! :D:D:D That changed after testing it out and seeing a huge increase in 'Add to Shopping Cart' orders!!! When I run out of new ways to advertise them, and new products to advertise, then I'll try other Affiliet programs, but I got a long way to go until I run out!!!!

I think of the first 10 months of the year as geting ready for the holiday season!!!! Last year I made about $400 per quarter for the first three quarters, then the holiday season came geting me around $3,700 even though I didn't do any Amazon work during the first two quarters of that year. Thanks to a lot of work and new ideas since November, I made $1,821.34 during the last quarter, so I see a HUGE holiday season this year. :D:D:D So no, I don't plan on leaving Amazon!!!! :D:D:D:D

alteredskate
04-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by AhmedF
Altered .. havent used either of them much, but I once did a survey, and most popular was ebgames.com for gaming.

HTH :)

I had a quick look. They offer 5% commission as well. I would have to sell twice as many games to end up with the same income. I think I'll stick with chipsbits. I've had an account with them for a long time, but I haven't been using it while I've been with Amazon.

Timo
04-17-2003, 06:40 PM
I was reading the aws board and there are several large earners who use the google adwords ppc to make sales. If I remember correctly, it was not very successful.

If memory serves me, a SEO guy did a test and made $8900 in commish after spending $8000 of it on google. I wonder if the $900 profit was worth the work?

What happens now to those people sending clicks to amazon within googleadwords? I can just see someone visiting az to look for a particular book, not like it, consider the adwords, click on one, and be redirected back to the same product they decided not to buy. :D

Or have they been filtered out?

Rhea: :cheers:

I am with you. We just switched over to B&N for books and vids, and only offer AZ products if we can't find it anywhere else. Will be interesting to compare the overall conversion rate.

OT-I wonder how yahoo has been doing with B&N?

Nintendo:

Its hard to part with money. AWS makes it so easy to become 100% dependent upon them. But remember that sometimes sacrificing a little bit of revenue for the purposes of testing other programs could uncover a goldmine of opportunities somewhere else.

When I created my sites, as part of risk management, I promised myself that I would never allow any merchant or rep company to control more than 15%-25% of my total sales at both the site and network level. I think this makes just as much sense today as it did back then. Now if someone send me a program change I dont have to freak out, because the impact will at most affect 20% of my revenues, giving me at least some leverage in negotiations and/or time to make changes.

What would you do If AZ one day said we are dropping commish rates? While I know you have a private program (congrats by the way) with all of those AWS pages, it would take you months to make changes to other programs if the changes were too harsh.

Tim

Nintendo
04-17-2003, 07:38 PM
:::If memory serves me, a SEO guy did a test and made $8900 in commish after spending $8000 of it on google. I wonder if the $900 profit was worth the work?

The least you can bid is five cents, so it is still possible to make money from PPC, since there are ones out there that still let you bid at a penny. When I do PPC I always bid a penny. You just need a ton of search terms to get a lot of clicks!!

Yes, it would be a BIG pain if Amazon dumped the program!!! :D

Rhea
04-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Sheesh! If I knew this thread was gonna be 'stickied' I would've tried harder to sound articulate in my original post. ;)

Nintendo, your circumstances with Amazon are very different from mine. Heck, if I was having your results with Amazon I'd have no desire to find a replacement for them...unless I thought I could do better elsewhere. It works for you, for a number of reasons, but it's not working for me. And my experience is more representative of the bulk of Amazon's affiliates than yours simply because most of us can't produce (or don't know how to produce) at your level. You've done a spectacular job with them and there's no reason for you to leave as long as things go well for you. But I'm curious if you're concerned about how Google adwords placement on Amazon product pages might affect your commissions?

I had a bad feeling that Amazon's affiliate program was rolling downhill from the first of this year, but I thought I'd give them time to work out the issues. Instead of working them out the problems have grown worse each month. No regrets...I had a good run with them. They were my first affiliate program and paid the hosting bills for a while.

Timo (tim-o, not tee-mo or tie-mo) I suspect that the affiliate managers at Amazon are counting on the affiliates being either, 1) too lazy to pull their links, 2) too naive to realize they're being used as cannon fodder, 3) utterly unaware of what's going on. With 900,000+ affiliates they can probably afford a good bit of attrition of mid-level producers like us. (If you list biography vids, give A&E on CJ a whirl.)

The other thing I'd like to mention is how I feel, as a consumer, about the carnival atmosphere of Amazon's product pages. There are so many links to different things that it's extremely distracting. It makes browsing difficult and I think it's going to backfire on them. My guess is that sometime last year they hired a new VP of something-or-other who's been demonstrating his or her usefulness by throwing a zillion ideas into the pot. All it's done, IMHO, is raise the noise to signal ratio. But then I'm a K-I-S-S kind of gal. :D

Timo
04-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Rhea:

tim-o will do :) Yep, but I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of unhappy AZ associates down the road. I think AZ is relying on a combination of dependency of 10,000 sites or so, and the 890,000 affiliates that havent a clue. Unfortunately for AZ they dont realize that us mid level producers are the big bad boys (and gals of course :angel: )on the block tomorrow.

Its too bad for AZ that I work from home so I have time to spend yanking links. :)

I believe that amazon is starting to look too clutered as well. When you land on a page, the shopper gets distracted then ends up forgetting why they went there is the first place. It is starting to look like a grocery store flyer.

--> evil thought.... just imagine when AZ runs out of things to put on easy links and runs google text/banner ads as a default LOL. Google is paying between .50 and 1.00 to the networks for above the scroll. Even paying $.10 CPM below the scroll they could make their commission payouts back in a day. This would fall within their easylink text requirements too.

Nintendo:

I would imagine that AZ is going to make back some good money from google with your traffic. You mentioned before that you have a .07% conversion rate (but mounds of traffic). If just 1% of your AZ traffic clicks on 1 google ad around xmas (big CPC payments) I think they will make that bonus back they offered you :) I doubt it will affect your sales too much, but since you are a top earner you should tell AZ you want a cut of the Google$$$ generated from your traffic.

Quote:
Nintendo, your circumstances with Amazon are very different from mine. Heck, if I was having your results with Amazon I'd have no desire to find a replacement for them.

Neither would I for my existing sites since that is nice cashflow, but I would be looking at developing websites for older males to get higher conversion rates and I would make a point of NOT using AZ. Look at what is happening to those sites that relied 100% on pop ups and unders!! One marketing move by a relatively insigificant ISP (earthlink) to include pop blockers and now the entire industry is moving to adopt the same tactic to protect their marketshare. Some sites are in serious trouble due to this over-reliance.

OT On a funny note: I noticed that the new alexa toolbar (with pop up blocker) blocks the country redirect pop up on the amazon.com home page.

Nintendo
04-18-2003, 12:18 AM
:::But I'm curious if you're concerned about how Google adwords placement on Amazon product pages might affect your commissions?

Is it up right now?? It doesn't show up for me. I'm not worried very much about it right now. I don't think they would try to do anything that would lower the nomber of orders that they get.

jnestor
04-18-2003, 07:08 AM
There's one thing to consider when you're replacing Amazon with another program. Consumers know and trust Amazon and are more likely to buy there than at some site they've never heard of. I've been around the internet for a long time and think that most of the security worries are way overhyped but I'm still MUCH more likely to by a product from Amazon than some site I've never heard of.

If I visit your site and you're promoting a DVD that sounds really interesting and I click on it and it takes me to Joe's DVD Shack, I'm going to type in Amazon.com on my own and see if they have it too and at a similar price. Joe's DVD Shack would have to have it either MUCH cheaper or Amazon to not have it for me to buy it there. Joe's may pay 10% commission but you made $0 from me where you could have made money if it were an Amazon link.

Timo
04-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Jnestor: Agreed. Thats why I say test test test. Some merchants convert just as well as Amazon, some better, some worse. In Nintendos case you dont mess with whats working, just look into expanding into other areas with other sites. He is making good cash from AZ and is to be commended, but dependency upon one or two suppliers is a serious threat to any business.

For me, If I see a drop of 30-35% in my conversion rate with B&N I will still break even because I wont be selling flea market quality books for $.20. I have tested and my users dont seem to mind shopping at B&N. If I see a huge drop in sales its no big deal to add amazon back in at a later point.

What I think amazon fails to understand is that when my user leaves my site to go to amazon, they are MY user NOT theirs until they make a purchase. If they want to make some money along the way, fine but PAY me for it.

end of my rant :D

Rhea
04-18-2003, 02:30 PM
I've periodically checked that Ab Fab video product page that I first spotted Google adwords on.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000056WJZ/

Haven't seen the adwords again but now there's an ad for BBC America (an Amazon partner that does *not* qualify for the affiliate program).

The Best of the Beeb
The sharpest miniseries, the most lifelike documentaries, and off-the-wall series in our BBC Store.

Click the link and you end up here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/513208/ref=v_wa_bbc_ec/

Once again, Amazon takes their cut and eliminates the hardship of having to pay the affiliate. :rolleyes: No wonder the affiliate program is in a shambles.

What's with all the new ref= tags? One interestinging one I picked up today was ref=pd_ecc_rvi_f

Nintendo
04-18-2003, 06:07 PM
:::Once again, Amazon takes their cut and eliminates the hardship of having to pay the affiliate.

It looks like you do get commission for those items. They all have the ASIN number.

Rhea
04-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Hey, Nintendo! Okay, I'm confused again. I thought that the FAQ spelled out which Amazon partners were eligible for affiliate commissions and any that weren't listed were ineligible. Where does it say that if an ASIN number is listed that means it's affiliate eligible? I don't remember seeing that anywhere but it's been a while since I read the terms.

Could you try to get Amazon to provide some clarification on this? (They like you almost as much as Google does!) :D

How do you get that upside-down exclamation mark?

Nintendo
04-18-2003, 06:54 PM
I don't know of any ASIN item that you don't make atleast the marketplace price.

:::How do you get that upside-down exclamation mark?

!!!!   !!!!! :D:D:D

Option + 1=     

Rhea
04-18-2003, 06:58 PM
I ain't got no stinking option key!!!!! :p

!!!!iiii!!!!

I'll just have to settle for that.

Nintendo
04-19-2003, 12:29 PM
So far I've got credit for every kind of item that I've linked to plus kinds of stuff that I don't link to, from video games, to magazines, to cell phones, to cloths, to movies, to books, to tools, to kitchen stuff, to toys, to........

Timo
04-20-2003, 01:28 PM
Hi Folks,

I found google adwords on the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5) at amazon.com. Since not everyone seems to get the timing, to see it I thought I would copy the whole page and paste it here:

btw

I noticed that the google adwords are geotargeted (2 Cdn ), and that the top 2 were for amazon.ca (affiliates)

There is the ref=ts_bh_1_1 in the url

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/043935806X/ref=ts_bh_1_1/104-0330083-4231928?v=glance&s=books&n=283155

Here is how its is laid out:

see larger photo
List Price: $29.99
Price: $17.99
You Save: $12.00 (40%)
Availability: This title will be released on Saturday, June 21, 2003.
Shipping Options:

Select Standard Shipping to receive your order on the release date of Saturday, June 21. See details.

Select FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25 and you will receive your order after the release date of Saturday, June 21. See details.

Reading level: Ages 9-12
Edition: Hardcover | All Editions

See more product details

Also available in a deluxe collector's edition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Value

Buy Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5) and get The Thief Lord at an additional 5% off Amazon.com's everyday low price.
Total List Price: $46.94
Buy Together Today: $29.27
You Save: $17.67

Click here for promotion rules

Customers who bought this book also bought:

Harry Potter Schoolbooks Box Set: Two Classic Books from the Library of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry by J. K. Rowling (Hardcover)
Harry Potter Hardcover Box Set (Books 1-4) by J. K. Rowling, Mary GrandPr (Illustrator) (Hardcover)
Books from The Harry Potter Series.
The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter by Allan Zola Kronzek, Elizabeth Kronzek (Paperback)
The King of Torts [LARGE PRINT] by John Grisham (Hardcover)
Explore Similar Items: 20 in DVD, 20 in Computer & Video Games, and 19 in Music
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Details

Hardcover: 896 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Trade; (June 21, 2003)
ISBN: 043935806X
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1

This is the 5th item in The Harry Potter Series.

Customers interested in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5) may also be interested in:
Sponsored Links (What's this?)

Harry Potter Book 5
Coming June 21 - CDN$ 25.80 Preorder it now! - affiliate
www.amazon.ca

Amazon Canada Books
Free shipping on orders over $39 Affil.
www.amazon.ca

Find a Book - eBay Canada
25000 books! Rarities, 1st editions Great prices, from $1. Affiliate.
www.eBay.ca

Editorial Reviews
Book Description
The next volume in the thrilling, moving, bestselling Harry Potter series........

Rhea
04-22-2003, 07:06 PM
One more thing that dawned on me this week is that having a Google search box on my sites is the equivalent of affiliate self-mutilation.

The scenario: I put a Google search box on my sites, which lets visitors search within Google, potentially for products I'm promoting on my very own sites. The visitor clicks on a link that takes them to Amazon who then ships them off to a third-party program from whom they buy the products I'm promoting!!! Makes no sense at all.

Sheesh. In the last few months I've eradicated Alexa, Amazon and Google from my sites. Who else are these guys shacked up with? Does anyone else smell anti-trust?

joma
04-28-2003, 09:07 AM
>> Does anyone else smell anti-trust?

No. Simply being big and successful does not create a monopoly or oligopoly.

JP Sauve
11-05-2003, 11:55 AM
This is an old thread, but thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I dumped Amazon.com a long time ago because I found they didn't convert well. Regardless of that, I think Amazon will do as they please and if that hurts affiliates, so be it. Why? I'm guessing affiliates represent a very small portion of their sales.

If someone wants to buy something from Amazon, most people will just type the domain in their browser and not "find it" through an affiliate link.

DougM
11-05-2003, 12:34 PM
"If someone wants to buy something from Amazon, most people will just type the domain in their browser and not "find it" through an affiliate link."

Ok, then can we extend that logic to say:

If someone wants to buy A BOOK RELATED TO YOUR CONTENT, most people will just GO TO THEIR FAVORITE ON-LINE STORE and not PURCHASE IT THROUGH YOU.

I'm not challenging your theory. I'm asking as one who is just now gearing up to become an Amazon affiliate. Your logic makes sense for sites that just dump bestsellers onto pages but what about sites that show books related to niche content?

jokearound
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Doug, I would expect that most buys are not due to reading a page..they are from TV, word of mouth, etc..

for instance, I bought a few dvds this month - went straight to amazon.co.uk for them. I didnt look for a review online, and then click through on a sales link..

JP didnt say that noone buys through affiliate links, just that it probably wasnt a large proportion.

I wonder if that stuff can be found in amazons financial reports?

gophergas
11-12-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm glad I saw this thread. I had been considering adding some Amazon links to my sites, but I think I'll pass now.

Czar
11-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Welcome to Geek/Talk gophergas :wave:

Amazon aren't bad, and remain worthy of exploration for certain sites and in certain circumstances. Much of the sentiment in this thread is generated from disappointment at the service's recent performance, but it does remain one of the better all-round sale-based affiliate programs.

Don't get me wrong, I've personally reduced my exposure to Amazon.com, and am finding Google AdSense and a few game-specific affiliate programs fitting replacements in many cases, and I share the concerns made here. Still, don't dismiss Amazon before you've compared their performance and range of linking options against others in the field. They still pack a mild punch.

Sashman
11-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by gophergas
I'm glad I saw this thread. I had been considering adding some Amazon links to my sites, but I think I'll pass now.

At the very least, plug an Amazon text link in your site's navigation for a couple of days and see how it converts. The nice thing about Amazon is that when someone buys through your link they usually buy multiple unrelated items at the same time. This is a big plus over targetted affiliates like EB that don't have the variety that Amazon has. During christmas season the purchases can get crazy .. and at least for me make more money than normal advertising for those months (pre-adsense).

Nintendo
11-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by gophergas
uggg!!! Don't let this thread make you not use Amazon!!!! Look at this (http://www.geekvillage.com/geek_gallery/showphoto.php?photo=50) before you say no to Amazon. This check was for a non-holiday season.

gophergas
11-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Okay, okay... (LOL) I'm convinced. I'll give them a shot. I've already signed up with them -- just haven't had much time to put any ads together. That pretty number on the check makes me think that perhaps me was too hasty in me decision.

Gracias.

Rhea
11-13-2003, 12:06 AM
Jesse, much as I admire your success, maybe you should fill gophergas in on how you've become so successful with Amazon. He might benefit from knowing how many pages you've made and how many visitors you've sent to Amazon to earn that lovely, chunky, bit-o-heaven paycheck. Many of us just don't have the technical skills to do what you've done. (Which is why I want to learn PHP ASAP!)

Nintendo
11-13-2003, 10:31 AM
It might be a little late for this Holiday Season. I use MrRats APF script, and my mod_rewrite hack for my stores. mod_rewrite= Google kills the server trying to crawl the store. Since it's mod_rewite it thinks there all static pages. It's actually cgi. In the last two day I've had 190 items ordered. I got 12 store domains, and five content sites with stores on them. I sent almost 5,000 visitors to Amazon yesterday.

JP Sauve
11-14-2003, 09:11 AM
Seems like a lot of work for only $5000 per quarter. That's not peanuts, but it still only works out to $1700 per month.

Just me?

Nintendo
11-14-2003, 10:23 AM
It's not very much work at all. I could register a new domain and have it all up in 10 minutes and with in a month or two Google would be bombing it adding a ton of files to the inedex generating more orders. I'm actually doing a lot less Amazon stuff now. Working on content again now that I got more than enough stores. I got more than enough Google listings. I'm now trying to STOP it from crawling my sites. I got around 370,000 google listings. I give it a fake If-Modified-Since date so it thinks they havn't been updated in two months and it stops for a day or two, but then finds more new 'files' to crawl.

kryton
11-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Nintendo
It's not very much work at all. I could register a new domain and have it all up in 10 minutes and with in a month or two Google would be bombing it adding a ton of files to the inedex generating more orders.

That's only because your existing sites have a good pagerank. If someone tried to start from stratch they would find it harder.

Nintendo
12-01-2003, 03:32 AM
The secret is to have existing sites link to that page, then you can easily give the new site a PR. I get up to PR 5 on my store sites simply from doing that.

lookfindnow
02-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by maddeningcrowds
It all seems a little odd to me, Amazon being an online store, you'd think they'd concentrate on sales & looking after their affiliates, and not have any advertising at all.

I think its really unprofessional when I see ads on ecommerce sites.

I thought thw whole point was to make a sale on your website. I dont understand amazon they would make more money in commision than a advertisement if they keep the sales on the site.

lookfindnow
02-10-2004, 03:29 PM
I was just thinking if companies dont think this would hurt there business than why doesnt microsoft sell mac on there website. Thats right there competiting for the sales. :)

aandn
06-21-2004, 11:43 AM
I gave up on Amazon about a year ago. Once their aff program turned into an attempt for free advertising on my sites :( . I got better things to do then trying to promote an aff program that pays 36 cents per month (with more than 2000 clicks per month from my site..yeah right :mad: ). I replaced amazon by ClickBank products. Much better commission rates and much better converting products. Im using an auto product feed (Adsense type of thing ) to my pages and it works excellent so far. Check it out here http://users.bigpond.net.au/click2/CBprosense/

Nintendo
08-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Arg! I think I've found something that makes Amazon look really bad!! Yesterday I had one item ship through Art.com, yet it generated $40.67 in earnings! The item cost $162.67. If the item had been ordered on Amazon last quarter, it might of generated $10.00 max. When it comes to doing new Amazon stuff, I said Bye-Bye Amazon six months ago!!!!! :D:D:D

MarkJH
08-28-2004, 09:16 AM
I get 30% commission minimum from Art.com but it makes me nowhere near as much as Amazon does. I probably get about 1/10 the sales. Just because it has a much higher commission, doesn't mean you can make as much. At least on my site, anyway.

CPMNewbie
08-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Nintendo,

Just curious, if you've given up on Amazon, why continue to promote the mod rewrite script that you offer? Isn't it unethical to sell something that you yourself believe is a lost cause?

Just curious.

CPMNewbie