PDA

View Full Version : How many PR3's = one PR6?

Worthen
07-05-2004, 06:27 PM
All things being equal ... say all your reciprocating links are identical in relevance to your site ... how many PR3's will equal a single PR6 in terms of value as a link partner?

jessebhunt
07-05-2004, 07:10 PM
I don't believe anyone really knows the exact answer to this question. I've never heard of a proven equation to calculate how links effect PR.

However, I will say that it would take LOTS and LOTS of PR 3 sites linking to you to obtain a PR 6

Worthen
07-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Many thanks for your kind and quick reply ... I'm impressed at how helpful the community is.

I guess I didn't make my question clear ... I'm not asking how many PR3s linked to me it would take to help me obtain a PR6 for a site ... instead I'm wondering how many P3s linked to me does it take to be as valuable as one P6 linked to me?

Perhaps it would be easier to get 5 to 10 P3s to link to you than it would be to get a single P6 to link to you.

My oldest site (since 99) is a P6 and Alexa shows that that 262 sites link to it, but most of them are really small and likely have low pr.

I'm new at this, but I'm currently trying to enhance my Google ranking on one of my sites (with a PR3) by asking for reciprocals from related sites that are not in direct competition and that are P6s P7s and a P8. I will be surprised if I hear from any of them, but I thought it was worth a try.

:)

jessebhunt
07-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Oh...... sorry I misunderstood your question. Unfortunately, however, I am afraid that my answer is about the same. I don't know of any real way to calculate an answer to your question.

Now... I'll give you my full opinion on this issue (do with it what you want.) ................ Don't worry about how many PR3's it takes to get the same effect as one PR6. Just actively seek links from relevant sites.

One of the HUGE benefits of having links from other sites is receiving visitors from that site. Focus your attention on getting good quality sites to link to you and share their visitors with you... then the SE traffic will come naturally.

Furthermore, if your focus is STRICTLY based on PR... a high quality site that is only a PR 3 right now could very well become a PR5 or PR6 in the coming months.

Worthen
07-06-2004, 06:21 PM
thanks friend ... your answers were both enlightening and encouraging ... they made good sense

thank again:)

jessebhunt
07-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Glad I could help.