View Full Version : Webdevinfo.com for sale
03-24-2004, 06:16 PM
We are condsideing selling the site www.webdevinfo.com. Main reason is, we have another site in our network that is nearly identical to it and is getting more traffic.
Webdevinfo gets aroudn 5,000 unique visitors per month, and about 7500 visitors total. Page views are about 35,000 per month. Traffic has doubled within the last few months because we added many new link partners. With more content, this site can really flourish. You won't find many sites of this caliber for sale (the other site in our network similar to it is www.stickysauce.com getting about 20x the traffic).
The site currently sells text links at around $200 per month per text link. We stopped selling text links some time ago on our network, and just started doing this again. This is a very easy way to make money on the site.
Have a look also at www.templatez.com, it's only backlinks come from webdevinfo.com.
We aren't looking for a set price, this is more like a silent auction I guess. PM me any questions or your bid.
03-24-2004, 08:16 PM
1) Where is this traffic coming from? Are we to assume that all the current links to it from your network will remain on your network?
2) Will you be providing the buyer with the full list of past advertisers so that they can actually make the same amount?
3) I notice that almost every part of this site is actually just links to other sites like webdevforums.com, webdevsites.com, etc. - what will happen to those sites?
03-24-2004, 08:26 PM
We'd be crazy to discontinue the link trading between our sites and webdevinfo.com, it is a great asset to be linked from. Links will stay if links from webdevinfo.com stay.
Traffic referrals from awstats for the month:
Links from an Internet Search Engine - Full list
- Google 1931 2072
- Yahoo 70 70
- Other search engines 50 50
- AOL 22 22
- MSN 14 14
- Excite 12 12
- DMOZ 8 8
- Ask Jeeves 5 5
- Netscape 3 3
- Earth Link 2 2
- AllTheWeb 2 2
- Hotbot 2 2
- Dogpile 2 2
- Tiscali 1 1
- MetaCrawler (Metamoteur) 1 1
- ix quick 1 1
2126 8.6 % 2267 2.6 %
Links from an external page (other web sites except search engines) - Full list
- http://www.stickysauce.com 212 214
- http://www.webtrommel.de/mainwindow.htm 105 105
- http://www.siteworkspro.com 103 103
- http://www.webdevforums.com/showthread.php 66 66
- http://banners.devstart.com/rbd/rbd_isapi.dll 63 63
- http://www.stargeek.com 48 48
- http://www.pickaweb.co.uk 45 45
- http://www.9mp.com 36 36
- http://www.slackerhtml.com 35 40
- http://www.10-cheapwebhosting.com 34 34
- http://www.adamssite.com 33 33
- http://www.dtiltas.lt/eforum/show.php 20 20
- http://www.webdevforums.com 18 18
- http://www.scriptz.com 17 17
- http://www.hostlead.com 16 16
- http://www.needcgi.com 15 15
- http://www.low-cost-web-hosting-guide.com 14 14
- http://www.stickysauce.com/designtools/index.htm 12 12
- http://www.siteworkspro.com/index.php 12 12
- http://www.stickysauce.com/freetemplates/business.htm 12 12
- http://www.adamssite.com/templates/html.html 11 11
- http://www.adamssite.com/dreamweaver/templates-05.html 10 10
- http://www.adamssite.com/dreamweaver/ 10 10
- http://www.translation4.com 9 9
- http://faq.lost-oasis.net/ob/Backup 8 8
- Others 583 1006
We will consider providing past advertisers, it depends on the agreement reached I guess.
The rest of the sites will stay, content can continue to be syndicated if the buyer so wishes. I think taking this site in a new direction with articles and other such content would be a wise move though.
Keep the questions coming, sorry I was so vague in my first post, you just never know what people are going to want to know.
03-25-2004, 08:18 AM
I might be interested. Is there some reason that the Google PR is greyed out?
03-25-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure I follow, when I go to www.webdevinfo.com my Google toolbar shows a PR of 7.
03-25-2004, 09:47 AM
It's because your original link has a dot in it before the last / http://www.webdevinfo.com./
03-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Alright, it works now. Thanks. How much are you making from the google ads a month? And specifically, how much have you made total this month.
Also, would you be willing to assist with setting the site up on another server? It looks like it might be a little complicated to get everything up and running. I could be wrong though.
03-25-2004, 01:12 PM
We just set it up to seperate Adsense since it's a new feature (we use the same adsense on all our sites), I would venture to say it makes less than $100 per month with Adsense.
Transferring the site would be pretty easy, especially if to another cpanel server. We'd do it free of charge either way as long as there's an easy way to import the MySQL database.
03-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Are you including the other sites with the sale:
ie - http://www.webdevforums.com/
or just the one site?
03-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Just the one.
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.