PDA

View Full Version : improving google pagerank/search results

fantasia
03-22-2004, 05:28 AM
how can i go by improving my google rank and search results? what factors lead to determining where i am in google search results and how high my PR is?

because i have a site with killer traffic... usually 50-400 people online on my forums at the same time. The prob is that its sourced mainly from chinese traffic of some of my friends sites in china.

will that factor affect my PR or google rank in search results?

juliany
03-22-2004, 07:33 PM
PageRank is all about links.

The more links you have pointing to your site, the higher PR you will get, and the better rankings you will gain.

So, the best thing you can do to achieve a higher PR is to get more links to the pages you are trying to rank. You can do this by exchanging links, getting links without a link back, buying links, adding more content to your site with links to the most important pages, etc. etc. etc.

However, please note that PR is just another factor in Google's algorithm, and by no means the most important one. There are other ways to increase your rankings such as great anchor text from your links, onpage optimization (not as effective as anchor text but works with non-competitive terms), etc.

Also you can relax about the language. PR is not calculated based on language.