newsletter/updates. The domain name and hosting can be included with the
purchase but I would recommended getting a new domain name (I originally
used this one as it was an old one I had doing nothing). All content on the
site and forum is owned by myself unless otherwise stated. I'm selling this
site due to lack of time and I also have other projects which I wish to
start.

My Name: Ashley Russell
URL of Site: http://www.free-movie-download.org/site/index.php
Age of Site: 1 Month (homepage and main site) 3 months (forum)
Traffic: Hits 114044 - Visits 2534 ---- These are for the current month
as this is the first full month in operation. Some traffic is starting to
come from google, but the main bulk of traffic is coming from the following
list that we are currently ranking number 1 on
http://www.gamesites200.com/starwars/ and we also get traffic from
http://www.gamelists.net/starwars
Asking Price: $750
Email address: support@free-movie-download.org
The site has had 6 paying members sign up this month ($9.99 for 12 months
access). The google ads on the site have had about 1-2$ worth of clicks a
day. The site is using the PHPNUKE software that is free. The forum for the
site can be found here
http://www.free-movie-download.org/members/forum/index.php use the username:
sale password: sale to check the forum out. Please let me know
if you want to check the admin area of homepage out.

Please email or PM me if you have any questions.

cheznoir
03-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Besides the obvious pieces of info that should be a warning, just a little warning to those not in the know.

Sites like this previously existed because the official StarWars Galaxies forums were shutdown by the developer. They just re-opened the other week and they are of course free, thus massively diminishing the value of any other SWG forum.

Chet

ash1ey
03-19-2004, 04:09 AM
Although that may be true, they do not actually provide, guides, macros, exploits, cheats and other things on the free forums. People who play the game are willing to pay for access to this type of information because the free forums donít have this information :p

ash1ey
03-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Besides the obvious pieces of info that should be a warning

please explain further? what obvious pieces of info :confused:

cheznoir
03-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Um... okay....

You have an entire active revenue stream of all of 6 people, who already paid you so no future income will come for those people, for another year. But even then - that is all of $60. They are a negative, not a positive as they are a burden until they pay again and show there was little interest of your current members to pay.

Not even a handful of people has posted in the last week.

You have a new site, that is easily duplicated, and probably done nicer.

The only value you have is some listing in some list somewhere. Which is no value because it links/lists a domain that has nothing to do with the product that you even suggest should be changed, thus negating any value you it had.

With so little traffic, your site will not grow but shrink, with the opening of the official SWG forums, your audience will shrink even further. Since those lists show other free forums available, and you aren't even #1 on one of them anymore, I would say big whoop.

So you are asking $750 for a site of questionable design, with no real traffic and no revenue stream and a domain that has nothing to do with theme of the site. But you do get the baggage of six customers who paid for the service for a year.

I am curious to where you derived the $750 asking price? Just a gut feeling of what to ask? It is bad to value on potential, doubly bad when that potential is negative potential.

Chet

ash1ey
04-28-2004, 04:11 AM
Just an update on this site for sale...

The site is now hosted at http://www.swg-forum.net

The site has a PR6 and I have got many top rankings in google in yahoo... Please email me for full details and I will also give you details of the revenue made for the site so far.

The asking price for the site has increased and i'm open to offers.

Thanks

support@swg-forum.net

ash1ey
04-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Just thought i'd better answer some of Chets comments made about the site

You have an entire active revenue stream of all of 6 people

This is now more like 50-60 people who have paid with an average of 1-4 new members a day. The site also receives between 1-8 dollars a day in from google adsense program. I also opened a free forum with a few free guide for free members. Theres something like 230 free members at the minute.

You have a new site, that is easily duplicated, and probably done nicer.

Some of this is true but i dont see any of my visitors or members complaining :p

The only value you have is some listing in some list somewhere

I actually now have a PR6 with loads of top listings in google and yahoo ;)

I am curious to where you derived the $750 asking price? Just a gut feeling of what to ask? It is bad to value on potential, doubly bad when that potential is negative potential.

I'm pretty glad I didn't take 750 for the site now as i have easly earnt that since i first posted

They just re-opened the other week and they are of course free, thus massively diminishing the value of any other SWG forum.

Giving incorrect info to the visitors of this site isn't helping anyone, there is a reason why the official swg forum is free and mine is for payment. We offer exploits and cheats, not something you can find in the forum where the developers of the game hang out and ask you to submit exploits and cheats so they can fix them.

With so little traffic, your site will not grow but shrink

Wrong Again.. my traffic has doubled over the last couple of weeks

Not even a handful of people has posted in the last week.

At least 50-60 members visit the board every day and our information is updated by the members daily.

--------------------------------------------------

So Chet, i proved you wrong my friend. Its usually a good idea to not comment on things you appear to have no knowledge of :angel: - It was your comments that actually made me prove this site has potential ;)