PDA

View Full Version : website with good traffic and PR6 for sale.

technologicall
02-09-2004, 02:40 PM
www.bioproject.info
I would like to sell this site made by myself.
It has 1800 pages, with PR6...
Monthly views= 350 000
Site is in the web for 5 months.
Bring's 2000 $ a month
Price= 12000$
If you're interested please contact:
webmaster@bioproject.info

Rawplaster
02-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I don't see any sponsors, where is your revenue coming from?

technologicall
02-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Thank you very much for the question.
I would like to explain the reason why there are no any sponsoured links on my site at this time.
First when the site just appeared it was www.biologicall.info owned by me as a russian person and I have put there Google Adsense links... I had a good income... and i would never mind to sell my "lovely sourse" but Google prohibited sending any money to Russia... so i had to change a domain name and think of selling site to a person who would really have no problems getting cheks from Google. So while this site has no motherland and those person who'd buy it would be able to place GoogleAdsense and have some about 2000-3000 $ monthly. Also there are some other ways for me to solve te problem with Goolge cheks, but I am trying this way while.
I think everything is clear in my answer? PR will refresh on the new damain name in 2 weeks.

jrap
02-09-2004, 03:55 PM
What is your definition of 'unique content' ?

link (your site) (http://www.bioproject.info/GENERAL_BIOLOGY/Cell/The_discovery_and_study_of_cells.html)

encarta (http://encarta.msn.com/text_761568585___52/Cell_(biology).html)

Thanks,
jrap

CyanSmoker
02-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Permission to use documents (such as articles and other text) and related graphics (such as images, photographs, maps, charts, and illustrations) available from Encarta Online is granted, provided that (1) the proper credit and Microsoft copyright notice appears on all copies; (2) use of the documents and graphics available from this Web site is for informational and noncommercial or personal use only
I guess this would explain why there aren't any advertisers on the site.

hobbnet
02-09-2004, 04:47 PM
never mind the fact that I can't find a single PR 6 page on the site.

Steve_S
02-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the "Village" and best of luck with your sale. Please consult the following link for this Forums Rules and what needs to be included in a post:

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13500

We need:

8. If you wish to sell a site, please provide the following data in your initial post: Your name, URL of the site, age of site, traffic statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY), asking price, your Email address, gross and net revenue per month, copyright status of the content on the site, and any other pertinent data. If you wish to sell a domain name, please indicate this in your post. Please combine ALL your domain name sales in a single post.

Please answer the questions which members have asked about the source, rights, and ownership of your sites content.

technologicall
02-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments on my site...
First i'd like to answer what do i understand under unique content: 1) The information was collected bymyself for a long period;
2) Classification was made by me from the poin of view od Life theory - it's my authors right.

Now about Encarta - only some facts were taken from there, all the other information was taken from my own university collection.

As for PR you have to read my first answer.... if you were a bit experienced in this question then you'd know that when you change domain name then PR is refreshed in a few weeks....
So to chek this out just please for the interest visit this site 2 weeks later and you'll see it's real PR...

As for the advertisement, you have the right not to belive me, but it was taken off from my site because all the money transfer to Russia is prohibited by Google... This happened only a month ago... so I had to clear everything...

I can't get profit from this point any more.... but if you don't live in Russia then you have a real opportunity to place any advertisement from Google, or Fast click or Burst Media ro all of them togeather.... and get your money easily...

I think you know this better than me...

If you're interested then i can show you the traffic ....

cheznoir
02-10-2004, 05:44 PM
The encarta link showed you lifted the content word for word, paragraph for paragraph. I check 10 of your pages, and all are exact word for word copies from Encarta. Exact.

Unless your entire university studies was memorizing encarta and being tested by your ability to recite the lessons word for word. I find it hard to swallow that your site is anything more than an exact copy of copyright protected content.

Chet

GT Web
02-10-2004, 10:28 PM
this would have to be considered a major ****, if you want to sell this site, dont call it unique and make sure to include some stats, because I haven't seen any sites go from PR6 to PR0 overnight

technologicall
02-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Thank you everyone for your activity...
As for Encarta, i have an agreement with them to use all the materials i want and i have payed the money to use all the information in commercial purpose... I'am even allowed to print a book using this material and sell it....
So there is no any problem....
And besides site is still unique...
Because there are no more such sites classifying this information in such a way and even containing such info...
Sciencerely, Olga

jokearound
02-11-2004, 01:25 PM
you have an agreement with encarta / microsoft? wow..thats impressive. exactly how much did this cost? where can I get information about this scheme?

im very very sceptical about that claim (and therefore every other claim made by this seller)

cheznoir
02-11-2004, 03:09 PM
That begs the question then, if you are selling the site, will that agreement transfer??????

jplamb
02-11-2004, 06:48 PM
For some reason I think you are lying...

max55
02-11-2004, 07:18 PM
I agree with jplamb... it seems fishy...sorry technologicall some of your claims .. don't seem to add up..

njpete
02-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by jplamb
For some reason I think you are lying...

Ah jplamb says what we're all thinking :D

gjrsoftware
02-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Wow, that is great you have a contract to sell their data.
They have only spent millions to collect and compile the data, why not allow a garbage website sell it and keep all the profits :)

technologicall
02-12-2004, 05:13 AM
My agreement with Encarta is spread only on this theme...
The information how to realize this is here http://privacy.msn.com/
For shure you'll get this agreement if you have my site .

DiamondStorm
02-12-2004, 05:20 AM
ummmm...yeah, that's MicroSoft's policy. How does this apply to you by taking Encatra's content??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

jplamb
02-12-2004, 06:38 AM
Yeah, sure you're not talking about PIRACY.msn.com? Their privacy policy has nothing to do with anything.

technologicall
02-12-2004, 07:50 AM
But have you seen contact detales at the end of privacy?
you just have to call them back or send the letter....

GT Web
02-12-2004, 10:01 AM
dude, you have the whole thing all wrong, what you are doing is illegal, I wouldnt touch this site with a 10-foot pole.

Steve_S
02-12-2004, 12:59 PM
technologicall,

MS does license content in some cases but this relationship always includes very long contracts which are very specific in nature, never transferable/assignable without a new MS contract and prepared by their huge team of attorneys. They NEVER use a privacy statement and they NEVER permit licensing via any other methods or procedures. It's always a very long contract and NEVER done via phone and or email.

This thread is closed/locked. Please do not post your site for sale on these Forums.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation.