PDA

View Full Version : Business Administration Website For Sale

HeMoS
01-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Hi,

After a few months of operation I am looking to sell my website located at www.biztuner.com. After posting great results in the last month, Google Adsense revenues were going down and I decided to develop something for French Canadian Entrepreneurs. For sale, I offer the website, hosting until august, and a list of various authors that have agreed to publish their articles on BizTuner for free. To find a new partner for publicity, I ended the deal with Google and contacted Overture network. If the next webmaster wants it, he is free to open another advertising account with Google Adsense. I would however suggest to find individual advertisers to make the best money out of the website.

Here is more information :

Seller Name : Maxime Laroche
URL : http://www.biztuner.com
Age of the site : 1 year
Last Month Page Views (December) : 295 352
Last Month Uniques (December) : 8 577
Average Revenue : $US 2000.00/month
Asking Price : $US 5 000 (obo)

If you have any other questions concerning the website just pm me or post it here.

Thanks,
Maxime Laroche

Czar
01-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Maxime, I have a few questions about the site's growth.

In August of last year, you first posted the same site for sale here with an asking price of $2000:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21908

You seem to have added quite a few articles to the site in August and September of that year, but have clearly trailed off since. How is it that the site has grown in value by $13000 in five short months?

According to Alexa, the site's traffic comparitive traffic level is actually much lower now than what it was when the property was initially posted for sale. Also, with 30+ pageviews/unique, I'm guessing that your forums are responsible for the bulk of your repeat traffic. Why is it, then, that the forum software presently appears to be misconfigured? (phpBB : Critical Error: Error creating new session)

Was the $2000 monthly revenue derived solely from banners? If so, why are all of the banners producing 403 errors presently? Is this the result of a lost contract, or just a temporary technical glitch?

You mention that AdSense was performing well, but has underperformed of late. How much gross revenue did the site produce in December? How much has it produced in January thus far? Will you provide verification of this revenue to interested parties?

This is a beautiful site, so disclosing the type of details that would be demanded by a buyer in that price range would significantly nicrease your chances of attracting a serious offer.

EMINEM79
01-15-2004, 01:21 AM
did you get banned by adsense? the forbidden ads are coming from adsense.

Also I see the forums fine, but there isnt too many posts and only 8 members? :confused:

Steve_S
01-15-2004, 04:12 AM
Hi,

I just tried to visit your site and recieved this:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

I would respectfully suggest that you do what is necessary to bring the site on line.

HeMoS
01-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Hi,

I'm sorry about all these problems. I just have problems with a poor hosting service right now. I'm in the process of changing host. This is what is causing problems with our forums too.

As for the value, I was more looking for $5,000.

For the blank ad delivery, this is because I was working on with Overture to get a deal in their targeted-advertising program. I can forward the discussions I had with them to the next owner.

I will correct all these things and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Max

Macrobeat
01-15-2004, 11:15 AM
HeMoS, please sticky me when everything is working and you have answers to the questions already asked. I'm a serious buyer looking to acquire some sites. The asking price is well within my budget but I need to clarify some issues/questions.