PDA

View Full Version : Volumized.net for sale, revenue: 1,500 to 2,000 net

mathewg
01-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Hello, my name is Mathew and I am interested in selling my site. Please, if you are interested email me at mathewguiver@mail.com

Domain: volumized.net

Sites age: a little over six months

Traffic: varies depending on the day, but always over 5,500 unique daily visitors, and up to over 20,000 unique daily visitors on some. The average monthly pageviews are slightly over a million page views per month. The extreme tracking statistics are located at http://extremetracking.com/open?tag=vlmzdnet and statistics done by Alexa are located at http://info.alexa.com/data/details?p=TBChrome_T_t_40_L1&amzn_id=alexa65-tb-20&url=http://volumized.net/

Revenue: Volumized is a very high revenue web site, the gross revenue averages between $1,600 and $2,000 a month. And it generates over 3,000,000 impressions per month. Here are screen captures of my statistics for proof:
http://britney-spears.us/Stats/revenue1.jpg
and
http://britney-spears.us/Stats/revenue2.jpg
Volumized uses about 150 gigabytes of bandwidth per month and does not use much space. Currently it occupies 1/5 of a dedicated server owned by a friend of mine for 60 a month. The new owner can choose to transfer or keep hosts. Therefore the net revenue is between $1,600 and $2,000 a month minus $60 a month, or between $1,540 and $1,940 a month.

Asking price: well, I do not really know what an appropriate asking price would be. I have however already been offered $5,000 for it. However, that seems quite low to me considering it generates over $1,500 per month. A friend told me that to find out the asking price, you do 120% of a years revenue, but that would come out $21,600 and that seems high to me, but I donít know. So all serious offers will be considered. And if you do not want to bid on my site, but have an idea about how much I should be asking for, please let me know. Again, please email me at mathewguiver@mail.com with any questions or bids or whatever. Or respond in this thread and I will reply to questions and such. Another thing, this is my first time trying to sell something, so if you know of any other forums I could post in, or any people you know of that would be interesting in buying, then please let me know. Thank you all for your time, and thank you for reading my post.

devaid
01-17-2004, 06:16 AM
Could you provide me a description of your site along with expediture / hosting costs / requirements etc....

Thanks

mathewg
01-17-2004, 08:56 PM
david i have sent you a pm... thank you.

msealsmusic
01-23-2004, 03:21 PM
$5,000 you better grab it .. your alexia stats are sporatic at best.(ok I can't spell) one day you are getting alot of visitors the next none? This looks like you are buying traffic. If your actually getting this constant traffic like your net revenue is showing your alexa would be more even as well. Plus looks like you have pop up heaven. I know of pop up places that will pay you $8.00 cpm (I wouldn't be caught using them cause of what they promote) But if you place those on your site you can mkae yourself a killing in a few days. you claim 3 mill impressions a month. I am assumming these aren't unique. I get about 1.5 - 2 mill a month and my alexa rating makes yours look like it is standing still (compare your traffic to msealsmusic.com) I also only get around 2,000 uniques http://extremetracking.com/open;unique?login=mseals3 so this means you are either inflating or buying traffic
Anyone can purchase traffic and make their site look good so I would say Stay away from this site if your a buying and if your a selling try ebay.

fgraph
01-23-2004, 03:51 PM
alexa rankings don't mean a thing, so I wouldn't base such serious accusations on them. that's just my opinion.

msealsmusic
01-23-2004, 04:40 PM
well I am not accusing I am saying what it looks like..

as far as alexa ratings don't mean a thing this would be the same as saying google ratings don't mean a thing (or any other rating system you use) this is what I call a 1/2 truth. alexca rating goes by people that use the alexa toolbar and therefore they might say you have 50 people come to your site where you had 100 or 1,000 so on that part true it doesn't mean a thing and if you look at it that way you shouldn't be in the market anyway.
What i use it for is look at the way the traffic goes to the site. Notice that one or 2 days in october there is a spike in traffic. then none. a couple days in november and then none december for a few days lookeed more like a site but still up and down in large spikes. and in january looks like a week he had decent traffic.

Now I agree it is possible the days that the spike dropped persons could have came to his site and not have been using the alexa toolbar But most people that have decent traffic will agree that most of their traffic is from people who return over and over.
This persons site looks like he has new people coming daily and no returns (if they were returns the alexa ones would be returns right)

So in a nutshell make your own conclussions but my thoughts are stay away from it

EMINEM79
01-23-2004, 05:08 PM
I dont know about the site but speaking of alexa it's not very accurate it's not bad for a generalization but considering there is even programs out there that can dynamically boost your alexa rating it shouldnt be taking too seriously :smash:

Eric M
01-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by msealsmusic
$5,000 you better grab it .. your alexia stats are sporatic at best.(ok I can't spell) one day you are getting alot of visitors the next none? This looks like you are buying traffic. If your actually getting this constant traffic like your net revenue is showing your alexa would be more even as well. Plus looks like you have pop up heaven. I know of pop up places that will pay you $8.00 cpm (I wouldn't be caught using them cause of what they promote) But if you place those on your site you can mkae yourself a killing in a few days. you claim 3 mill impressions a month. I am assumming these aren't unique. I get about 1.5 - 2 mill a month and my alexa rating makes yours look like it is standing still (compare your traffic to msealsmusic.com) I also only get around 2,000 uniques http://extremetracking.com/open;unique?login=mseals3 so this means you are either inflating or buying traffic
Anyone can purchase traffic and make their site look good so I would say Stay away from this site if your a buying and if your a selling try ebay.

I'm sorry. But you do not know what you're talking about. Before you attack somebody, you should make sure you KNOW what you are talking about.

I run another entertainment site and host Volumized.net. Volumized.net is a very well known site inside the fan communities he serves.

He does not purchase traffic. Why would he have reason to do so? Purchasing traffic at 5 cents per click for an entertainment site would effectively make you LOSE MONEY. Entertainment sites require high uniques at the low CPMs they get. He gets plenty of large hits from very large websites such as worldofbritney.com, popdirt.com, hundreds of different forums, etc. Thus the fluctuation in traffic. One day, lots of referrers, the next day not as much.

He was making $1600/month. I was making same on my entertainment site. Entertainment sites can make a LOT more and can be a LOT more profitable than everybody here always hints. He is deciding to sell because Revenue.net dropped thousands of affiliates, and he cannot sign an advertising contract with another company.

The $5000 offer was from WorldofBritney.com, which I believe he will take.

Steve_S
01-24-2004, 12:00 AM
< Polite request for a large dose of decalf :) / joke

If I have to choose between Alexa and the traffic stats this seller posted, everyone is well advised to spend their time at:

http://extremetracking.com/open?tag=vlmzdnet

Stats are never easy to read but I guaranteee you that if you spend the time you will learn a lot. Rather than using Alexa when given the choice. These stats are mucho more important and accurate than Alexa.

Hell...I don't even own a celeb site BUT it shouldn't be too hard to see that traffic spikes are not only normal but a sign of a great site. You should expsect to see that.

Examples which cause spikes:

J Lo and Ben breaking up

Paris Hilton and her new "video" which is rather X rated. No need to believe me. Just wonder over to wordtracker.com and see what folks are hunting for in a given week.

Britney Kisses Madona

HTH and best of luck with your sale.

EMINEM79
01-24-2004, 12:37 AM
Im a little interested

if you were to put it up on ebay I would most likely give it a few bids