PDA

View Full Version : [ AskSociety.com ] sold

vatic
01-08-2004, 06:20 PM
-SOLD-

Czar
01-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by vatic
Revenue: Is based upon advertising with the Focusin.com network. Currently the site doesn't make anything worth mentioning, but with the right time and marketing plan the site can flourish as it costs nothing to keep up.This point is interesting. While it's clear that you've been honest in this latest post, isn't it equally true that you were informing potential buyers in October that the site had earned approximately $3000 in revenue since its debut in April 2003? This is when your asking price was $7000 and when you failed to respond to requests for income verification.

I hate to say this, but the fact that these unsupported claims were made in relation to the site previously would tend to suggest that a potential buyer should take all necessary precautions before considering this acquisition at or near its asking price.

jessebhunt
01-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Detective Czar is always on the case!

vatic
01-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Czar, can I ask what you are reffering to?

jplamb
01-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Traffic: 10-14 unique visitors a day.

Do you have any verification for this?

vatic
01-09-2004, 11:25 PM
-Withdrawn-

cheznoir
01-09-2004, 11:50 PM
You may want to change your privacy policy to note you do share the information with anyone and everyone.

Also I thought you originally meant 10-14 thousand, not actually 10-14. And I could not find anything in your search engine, everything came up empty.

So how do you qualify your asking price?

Chet

Czar
01-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by vatic
Czar, can I ask what you are reffering to? You seem to have excluded your name from your post here, which is something requested within the rules (http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13500) governing this forum. Nevertheless, if you happen to be Steve Hunter, then you claimed (in writing) during October that AskSociety had generated $3000 in revenue since its April launch. You then failed to provide verification of these figures to an interested buyer, claiming that it was too difficult to provide proof.

Can you explain the inconsistencies here? That is, how does a site that has negligible traffic and only a moderate content base generate $3000 from FocusIN and other networks in just a few months, only to suddenly turn around and produce nothing "worth mentioning"?

Many publishers on this BB have used FocusIN or other second-tier ad networks in the past and they have a good understanding of the level and quality of traffic required to generate those sort of numbers. Something just doesn't add up here.

vatic
01-10-2004, 03:38 AM
Sorry, I guess I didn't read the rules carefully enough. No matter, the site has been sold, for a little less than I was asking, but its okay. Anyone could have simply looked up the owner via a whois.

However, regarding... "then you claimed (in writing) during October that AskSociety had generated $3000 in revenue since its April launch. You then failed to provide verification of these figures to an interested buyer, claiming that it was too difficult to provide proof." - I never once said that the site made $3,000 nor ever did I say that it was "too difficult to provide proof." what the in the world are you talking about? Contact me via email, i'm done with this board and crazy BS.

Czar
01-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Check your sent items in your email client for messages dispatched between the 2nd and 4th October, 2003. At the time, you were contacting several pay-per-click search engines with an offer to sell the property. It was during one of those discussions that you made these claims.

If you do not recall this conversation, feel free to PM me and I'll forward a copy to your attention.