PDA

View Full Version : offers for ipaq.net/.org

DeveloperGuy
12-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Hi,

I started this site back in July'ish and havent' had much time lately to keep it upto date with ipaq news etc.

The sites traffic the past month or so is down because of lack of updates on my end, but I have LiveStats records that goes back since the start.

sessions/page views by month:

November: 34038/ 97239
October: 40788 / 146271
September: 47102 / 198466
August: 36728 / 85200

I run adsense on the site, but I am not sure how much exactly it makes since I have another site that uses the same adsense account.

I was offered $100/month roughly for ads per month from a company which I had turned down since it was during the 1st month of the sites launch and the client wanted a long-term contract (which i didn't want as I was sure page views/visitors would increase). I haven't pushed ad sales for the site, or even affiliates for software etc which one could easily do. I have setup with cnet for the site but I haven't plugged in the xml feeds.

I was told on by a casual domain appraiser that the domains alone should be $3k, so with some traffic it should be worth a bit more (I own both ipaq.net and ipaq.org).

Please PM your offers if your interested.

Thanks for your time.

--------------------------------
Name: Salman
URL: http://www.ipaq.net
Age of Site: Launched in July 2003
Page Views / Uniques: My stats only keeps user sessions, see below:
sessions/page views by month:

Asking Price: Minimum $3500 U.S.D (includes both .net and .org domain names)
Email: salman@REMOVE-THIS-NO-SPAMipaq.net
Revenue: I share google adsense with another site so its hard to say.
Content: 100% member submitted or by myself

I'm not in a hurry to sell, so I will wait for a few offers.

Steve_S
12-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Welcome and best of luck.

Can you please consult the following link for the procedures/rules of this Forum:

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13500

Then edit your original post and only your original post so it includes all of the following data. Some you already have but other data is missing.

8. If you wish to sell a site, please provide the following data in your initial post: Your name, URL of the site, age of site, traffic statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY), asking price, your Email address, gross and net revenue per month, copyright status of the content on the site, and any other pertinent data. If you wish to sell a domain name, please indicate this in your post. Please combine ALL your domain name sales in a single post.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation and best of luck

mccollin
12-19-2003, 03:38 AM
I'd like to hear more... traffic details and what the site is written in, particularly the forum engine and portal engine.

Wouldn't the domains be at some risk of HP deciding they wanted them.... ?

DeveloperGuy
12-19-2003, 02:48 PM
The site is written in ASP.NET (C# language) and it has a MS SQL Server backend.

The site runs on a custom portal engine I wrote, I think it would be wise just to shift the content over to your own portal app so future modifications etc. would become feasable.

As for the domain, I'll leave that to the experts (which I am not) so please consult someone so your comfortable with it.

Traffic Details:

Page views / sessions

My stats package doesn't keep uniques so I can't provide that.

Thanks.

mccollin
12-19-2003, 06:29 PM
monthly revenue?

DeveloperGuy
12-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Like I said in the original post, I am using Google Adsense, but my account is shared with another website so I have no idea how much revenue is being generated via ipaq.net

mccollin
12-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Do you know of a method to transfer the content from your environment to some other script like vBulletin? If you do not, then you would lose all the forums and users of the site.