PDA

View Full Version : Automotive Website - For Sale

GT Web
12-14-2003, 02:45 AM
I have been developing www.fantasyautos.com for about 5 months now....

It is now on Ebay, all the info is available at the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2588483148

thanks and good luck!

mccollin
12-14-2003, 05:43 PM
And do you have the digital rights to all those photos?

GT Web
12-14-2003, 07:56 PM
yes, as 60% of the photos were submitted by users of the site who took the photos themselves or were granted rights to use the photos.

The other 40% were submitted by myself and all possible digital rights issues have been addressed.

GT Web
12-20-2003, 02:19 PM
Entire site now on Ebay, $20 starting bid, a great deal!

good luck,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2588483148

GT Web
01-12-2004, 10:34 PM
site is back on ebay, link is in above post, good luck everyone!

xaze
01-13-2004, 12:03 AM
I am interested in this Web site, but am genuinely curious as to why you would sell a Web site that requires very little time to run and where "your profits grow quickly." 5 months is a long time to spend developing a site that you just turn around and sell, especially when it will probably not get more than a 1,000. Do you plan on selling many of these sort of sites?

GT Web
01-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Hello,

That's a very good question. I do specialize in automotive sites and I did spent a lot of my time on this one, but it never really developed into what I wanted. I guess I didn't really know how exactly to develop this site further, although I know it is possible. I don't like to sell my sites, I would rather expand and profit off them, but this site is an exception. I am not guaranteeing any profits as stated in the auction, I am not selling due to a lack of profits, but the fact that I dont see what to do with the site and it does take SOME time to work on it. Its easy to update, but I figure my time will be more profitable spent on another project.

thanks!