View Full Version : AlbumTown.com

fgraph
12-10-2003, 01:25 AM
Your name: Rohit
URL of the site: albumtown.com
age of site: Started early in the summer
traffic statistics: according to urchin stats, average uniques Per Day 331.50
Average Pageviews Per Day 2,307.66

Additional statistics can be provided, if necessary, to serious inquiries, but that's pretty accurate. i'm also willing to do that whole 1X1 pic to the person whose accepted.

asking price: the site uses a template monster script valued, i believe, around $50 or $60, and a php script that costed $199, excluding the customizations to it. I will consider all offers--send me a PM only.

gross and net revenue per month: since I use google ads, there is no accurate way to do this, but I would say about $1 a day from google and then I had 5 subscribers at one point, but problems arose (one cancelled and two others stopped working--their credit cards had problems according to paypal...in any case, it's easy getting new subscribers using ppc...one just has to be willing to invest)

The real money maker is from adverts. The reason I'm selling the site is because I don't know how to administer a dedicated server. Although a dedicated server is NOT necessary at this point, or any time in the near future, I realize that
having one will eventually be necessary and will be the only way to make money, since these types of sites make LOTS of cash only with LOTS of users. Getting lots of users is not a problem either but I don't have the time to work on this site or learn how to handle a dedicated server...with some investment in ppc, and knowledge of adminstering a server, you can attract users cheaply and make cash in the process.

Some other relevant things: The site currently uses 1.2 gigs of space, so it has some time before it needs to move to a dedicated server,

Also, the site, without any ppc promotions, gets around 6-8 subscribers a day, since its got DMOZ listings and other linkbacks. It has a 5 PR .

some other relevant stats: 895 registered users...i've deleted some that take up a lot of space and haven't used their account in 60-90 days.

Eriky
12-10-2003, 03:47 AM
Your site seems interesting to me. I've been playing with the same idea. The problem i forsee is that it's not very scalable and I don't get the idea that the software you are using can handle multiple servers for example.

fgraph
12-10-2003, 12:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing several months ago, so I posted a message on the developer's board. He stated that it was planned in the new version to be scalable. He had also stated, when I asked him (and apparently there quite a few people on his team) that the new version should be coming in December. Worst case scenario you could hire him, and he's not very expensive, to do the hack. Upgrades are free too, according to the website (there are constant fixes and improvements being done--the program is actively being developed), though I haven't had the need to upgrade yet.

EMINEM79
12-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Couple of questions...

Have you tried getting the site accepted into networks like fastclick, tribalfusion etc?

What script does the site run?

asking price?

Dave

fgraph
12-10-2003, 06:49 PM
It was accepted into CJ and I also use websponsors. This isn't the type of site that would be accepted into a network on a CPM basis, given that it fits into the sort-of free homepage criteria that most networks wouldn't support. It was accepted into one of the big networks, i believe, but I just decided to stick adsense because I make good cash with that.

I'm considering offers of $800 or more, because I feel that all aspects of this site are completed (text written, site customized etc), except for putting it on a dedicated server and a little aggressive marketing (namely adwords, overture)...I have promoted it a lot though, as I think the PR and the backlinks from alltheweb reflect that to some extent.

EMINEM79
12-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Have you tried any secondary quality ad network like focusin or budsinc?

Dave

fgraph
12-11-2003, 10:39 AM
No, I haven't

fgraph
12-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Eminem, in a regard to your question, I applied to FocusIn and was accepted. I will be adding them to the rotation or, in the event the site is sold, will send the appropiate emails to have the focusin account be in the name of the new owner. I will be also investigating other "secondary quality ad networks" and report back (if the TOS allows) the new earnings of the site.

Thanks for that,
Rohit