View Full Version : FunkyTimes.com (PR5) -- For Sale

BigGeek
07-31-2003, 06:19 AM
1. Your name?

Richard

2. URL(s) of site?

http://FunkyTimes.com

3. Age of site?

The site was established in 1999 (4 yrs).

4. Approximate monthly page views and/or unique visitor?

Over 80,000 uniques per month. Full stats available.

5. How does site generate income? How much?

The site generated about $11,000 profit in 2001 through banner ads and affiliate programs on turnover of just under $50,000 based on over 12,000 daily uniques. Site made $2500 profit last year and is on target to do well over $2000 this year though I am sure an interested party with the time to tinker can vastly improve the revenue capability of the site. Needless to say, all traffic stats and revenue will be proven if a later stage in negotiations is reached.

6. Who develops content and administers the site and how much time does it require?

Not a great deal of time, just the occasional updating of the poems on the love page, sometimes needing to update advertising banner codes or chat configuration.

7. What industry/audience does your site serve?

Generation Y - ages 14 - 24.

8. Is knowledge required of the industry served by your site?

No but if technical queries arise with the chat server, youll need to know who to contact. I can always help too.

9. Reason for selling?

Lack of time... I can no longer administrate so many sites and new work responsibilities at the same time. This site is very close to my heart and has a long history of love stories and romantic tales that go along with it but sometimes you have to move on.

10. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner?

Provided the new owner doesnt change the roster of chat rooms on the site without my permission, I am prepared to give basic email support to the new owner for at least a year. By that time, youll know how to manage it.

11. Does the site have an e-zine or newsletter? Number of subscribers?

Neither but we have a large amount of regular visitors and users of the email... FunkyTimes was, at one point, one of the most prominent standalone Gen Y communities on the Internet.

12. Asking price for the site?

I am taking offers because its not a straightforward sale. There are many additional assets including $1000 in pay per click account credit and many chat type-in domains that send traffic to the site. Id also like to add that this site has many link-ins and has a Google PR5 ranking.

We have a full info disclosure document containing detailed information about the site and sale. This document should answer all of your initial questions so please dont ask any before youve read it. To get this document contact funkytimes@aol.com