PDA

View Full Version : Good try, Mark!

Jan
02-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Hi my name is Mark Watson. I live in Longwood, Florida. My family
constists of my wife and my three children ages 8, 5, 3. I recently lost my business and have not been able to find work. I have depleted all my savings and had to cash in my 401k. I'm not sure of what to do, so I finally applied to work at McDonalds. I have a college degree in business, and i'm going to be cooking burgers at McDonalds, which is alright at least it's a job. I need your help. Can you find it in your heart to donate some money to help us
out? For me to sit down and write this message to you took ever ounce of pride I have. If you could just click on the paypal link below and send any amount. Even if you only send $ .70 that will help us out. Just your extra change will help. Please help us. Thank you very much. Mark Watson.

Also for legal reasons I need to tell you this is not spam if it
includes a link to be removed. My e-mail address is mwatson12@cfl.rr.com . I don't want to go to jail so I have
to tell you that.
I will not send out any more e-mails to anyone. This is a one time
e-mail. Thanks Mark.

Thank you so much for your help. What ever you donated will help us greatly! God Bless.

https://www.paypal.com/snipped

I wonder how many suckers will send him money? :rolleyes: I wonder how he lost his business? ;)

Guava
02-05-2003, 11:47 PM
I love the this is not spam if I includes a link to be removed

Then there isn't even a link to be removed! Just an e-mail address. That's not the same thing! Grrrrrrrrr.

Rhea
02-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Oh brother. Well at least he didn't blow it all on overpriced footwear and handbags. <grrrr!>

Just curious...does PayPal have any rules about this sort of thing? I would imagine they do, and it might be interesting to forward that email to their abuse department to see how they handle it.

I don't believe for a minute that any part of that email is for real, but then I tend to be a real cynic when it comes to panhandlers.

Jan
02-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Yep, the spam report went to paypal.com and rr.com :devil:

:angel:

EMINEM79
02-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Personally. I dont bother yelling SPAM, TOO much of a hassle to me. I'll just delete it, and people like you can do the spam reports :D

Im not criticzing you or anything, his story is probably fake, but theres no way you can know. It just might be true.

Would you run to a cop if you saw a homeless bum pand handling?

Dave

Jan
02-06-2003, 09:04 PM
Homeless bums don't send out mass unsolicited mail :rolleyes:

EMINEM79
02-06-2003, 09:11 PM
What you got is considered Internet Pandhandling.

I just stated the thing about the homeless bum because its a similarity between the two.

Dave

Jan
02-06-2003, 09:18 PM
So much for "I will not send out any more e-mails to anyone. This is a one time e-mail. Thanks Mark."

I just received another email from him, to say don't send money now. ;)

Mbarb
02-06-2003, 10:06 PM
Not to mention that if he is that poor there are many cheaper internet options that Road Runner High Speed online at ~45.00 per month.

Yes, I have a strange way of looking at things..

photocartoonist
02-07-2003, 01:29 AM
Homeless bums don't send out mass unsolicited mail

In New York they could! There is a Burger King on 42 street with free Internet access! :cool:

I'm just kidding. I just throw the stuff away like it's paper pals. I don't waste any time labeling it spam...I happen to like that song.

Kat