PDA

View Full Version : Amazon's Easy (Text) Links

Darryl
01-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Since I haven't yet chosen a fee structure, I got an email from Amazon reminding me to choose one within the next couple days. It also mentioned that they now had a different option for the Easy Links: a text link version of it.

Curious, I clicked the link to check it out, and was at first pleased: it looked small and tasteful! Maybe I could live with this...

Then I saw the heading: "468x40 Text Link"...and sure enough, it loads in a 468x40 IFRAME. Sure, you could probably do away with the IFRAM and control the size yourself (and maybe they wouldn't find out) - but if they did...

So really, it's not any better because it's still huge.

Anyway, any thoughts from others?

TJ
01-17-2003, 12:50 AM
There apparently is no rule where the link has to be placed, I don't understand why you can't just stick the text link or banners at the bottom of the page.

I'd hardly call the text link huge, btw.

Darryl
01-17-2003, 12:54 AM
From the email:Please note that if you are using the text version of Easy Links to meet the requirement for the Q1 tiered structure, you will need to place the link above-the-fold on your homepage (the graphic version can be placed anywhere).Personally, I consider 468x40 pixels to be huge for a text link. Note that the text link that appears on the Amazon demo page is CONSIDERABLY smaller, but that your text links will load in a 468x40 IFRAME. Appearances can be deceiving.

Vrindavan
01-17-2003, 08:50 PM
I prefer the banner link this time.

The text link is huge and the privacy link is just below.

jkcity
01-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by TJ
There apparently is no rule where the link has to be placed, I don't understand why you can't just stick the text link or banners at the bottom of the page.

I'd hardly call the text link huge, btw.

from what I have read on the amazon.com board the text link option has to be placed above the fold, but the graphic options can be placed anywhere.