PDA

View Full Version : art.com Still Tracking Sales

Rhea
12-15-2002, 09:11 AM
art.com ordered me to rebuild my affiliate links through Linkshare. I tested the Linkshare system for art.com's products and it was unwieldy, so I joined allposters.com and rebuilt my links through them. According to info provided by art.com the cut-off date was November 30th.

Yesterday I went to art.com's site to check if click-throughs were still being recorded. (I wanted to make sure that I hadn't overlooked any links that I should have converted to allposters.) Guess what? art.com is not only tracking click-throughs, it's recording sales! I made one sale so far this month (probably through a proxy or cached version of a page on my site) and art.com has credited my account for the commission!

What the heck is going on?!? :confused:

firstmark
12-15-2002, 04:05 PM
I wonder if publishers will be paid for money earned under the old system since it is still tracking. I haven't gotten around to changing my art.com links either. It seems to be a lot harder with linkshare to build links.

david11982
12-15-2002, 05:30 PM
I checked my old art.com account a few weeks ago and also noticed a few sales. I think they should pay me that money... because I like money.

firstmark
12-15-2002, 06:07 PM
I think those smart enough to check to see if Art.com is still maintaining and tracking sales like they used to are a more skilled bunch and more valuable in the long term to Art.com

Compensating them for currently tracking links would be a good idea. As it was such and idiotic idea to change all the link structure with so little notice. The new system is harder too. Isn't the point of using a third party to use their technology because it is better than yours? If it isn't why bother. Art.com already has quality affiliates as everyone who has any intelligence and runs an entertainment site knows about them.

Rhea
12-19-2002, 07:14 PM
Mea maxima culpa. (I'm to blame.)

I went back to look at the transaction I was credited for on art.com this month and it appears to be a sale that occurred prior to November 30th, but the product was shipped in December. That makes more sense.

And yes, it would be nice if they cut us a check for any remaining balance, wouldn't it? ;)