PDA

View Full Version : Dygo.com????

Jan
11-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Can anyone shed some light on this company. I don't have any recollection of them and just received this email from them :confused:
Dear Dygo.com Advertiser,

We have just released a revolutionary new advertising tool that guarantees to make you a profit without having to pay per click for visitors.

Please login to check out more on our new patent pending advertising tool - http://www.dygo.com/log_in.php

ws2002
11-30-2002, 11:41 PM
Yet another useless PPC search engine sending spam... next.

Jan
11-30-2002, 11:55 PM
But it had a username and password to log in with? :eek:

qball0213
12-01-2002, 12:05 AM
Someone on another board said it was goclick, but I don't know that for sure.

Czar
12-01-2002, 12:07 AM
If it's a username and password with which you are unfamiliar, then it's been constructed.

If, on the other hand, it's a combination that you've used before in that context, then perhaps you signed up with them to claim free advertising credits or similar some time ago. In which case, your lack of recollection perhaps suggests that the traffic sourced from Dygo was less than memorable. ;)

<edit> Simultaneous posting alert! :)
Dygo is not formally related to GoClick. In fact, the companies are based in different states. Dygo is simply one of many PPCSEs that carry GoClick's results (through a partnership with Findology - formerly known as the controversial WayAds).
</edit>

qball0213
12-01-2002, 12:25 AM
Ah, okay, makes sense, I haven't recieved any emails from them myself.

Jan
12-01-2002, 12:31 AM
Czar, it was a familiar username and password combination. I have just checked my *to keep* folder where I keep account activations etc and there is nothing there regarding them. According to the whois, they have been around nearly a year. :confused:

Czar
12-01-2002, 02:56 AM
Strange.

Hopefully they just failed to send out an email notification when the account was established, or have since changed their name. Otherwise, it would tend to suggest that data has been shared somewhere along the lines, which would be a further black eye for the PPCSE industry.

It might pay to drop them an inquisitive email about this.

Jan
12-01-2002, 03:11 AM
I might just do that. Usually if you have signed up with companies, they address you by name, this one didn't. There is nothing in search results here that would indicate I had heard of them through GV and signed up. I don't usually sign up for things like this unless they are geek tried and tested. :p

njpete
12-01-2002, 09:49 PM
I got the same thing Jan, I did create an account there awhile ago but never used it it also had my user info.

Dygo was previously goPile. I have heard bad things about goPile so that's why i didn't go further.

Jan
12-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Well why on earth don't they identify themselves :confused: My gopile records might go back a lot longer than last December. That would have to be long before I was a "villager" :)

Jan
01-03-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Czar
It might pay to drop them an inquisitive email about this.
I did do that, but they didn't respond, but I just got another update from them. Some people really have a cheek! :rolleyes: