PDA

View Full Version : Hosting with low $ per 1 GB traffic

altrash
10-23-2002, 09:04 AM
I Need cheap and stable hosting with really low (less than 1$) price for 1 Gb of bandwidth.

Thanks.

jokearound
10-23-2002, 09:21 AM
rackshack.net - $99 for 400gb

or you could try eservers.biz - $139 for a 0.3mbps pipe (which if im not mistaken is a max of 900gb / month)

Stranger
11-25-2002, 06:37 AM
Not really, 0.3mbps pipe is 'at most' 96gigs. Try http://www.lynxwebhosting.com im sure they could give you a full mbps for that price.

Jan
11-25-2002, 06:54 AM
How sure are you Stranger? :confused: If you are not sure, please don't continue promoting them.

Stranger
11-25-2002, 08:16 AM
Positive :)

I confirmed it.

But yeh reason I promote them is because I like people to get the best.

Last company I was with broke maor privacy rules, and didnt even apologise.

Then had problems with billing, and they hae bad internal communication with each other.
1 employe says 1 thing other 1 says something else.

I am referring to Cedant btw.

As for Lynx, i dont know how that company is surviving paying their support team AND giving pretty good pricing.

Furton
11-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Actually, what Jokearound meant to say was they give you 3mbps of bandwidth, not 0.3mbps. Which is around 900GB of transfer. Although that bandwidth is capped to 3mbps, in the real world around 300kbps thruput.

Stranger
11-26-2002, 02:10 AM
Actually a 3mbps capped is very lousy.
It is not around 900gb unless you are sitting on your cap the entire duration of the month, and in that case your bandwidth is suffering majorly, which will make it extremely slow for the surfer trying to access the page, that is if they can access it.

jokearound
11-26-2002, 03:35 AM
true, its not as nice as fully burstable, but to hit the cap all the time is a lot of traffic..not gonna happen anytime soon for me..and even when it does, ill just put another mbps on there ;)

maddeningcrowds
11-26-2002, 07:01 AM
For smooth running, you don't want to be anywhere near the cap.

Isn't average recommended around 10% of the cap? The cap is for a big fat peak, like in the commercial break in Eastenders.

gmanea
12-30-2002, 01:00 PM
10% is no where near the cap. It really depends on your usage. If you have a very high volume site (server has scsi drives etc, not too many cpu intensive processes) and you are on say 50mbps cap then having average of 35mbp/s really would be fine without risking hitting the top too much, it would be a rare event so 75% or so should be fine.

On a lower cap say 1mbp/s the peaks are much greater when compared to the average, so you would want an average of less than 50% to avoid hitting the cap often.

Personally, I do not like capped ports for website hosting, I believe the best way is to go for uncapped port and just pay your bandwidth per mbp/s (if you are on a dedicated server) and pay any overages if need be. It is a much more efficient way of hosting your sites.