PDA

View Full Version : Byebye Saybyebye.net?

dwergs
10-05-2002, 03:08 AM
Since they owe me $$$, I was wondering if anybody noticed Saybyebye.net leaving the room.

They could've at least said "byebye".

Jan
10-05-2002, 04:03 AM
I thought they said bye bye ages ago :p

Did anyone ever get paid? I never tried them, just the name was a turnoff....saybyebye to my earnings? No thanks :)

Gumyeelo1
10-05-2002, 09:05 PM
aren't saybyebye the same owner as compact banner?

Czar
10-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Yes, as are AdOptimal.

TDNetworks
10-06-2002, 04:25 PM
Yup... and I haven't gotten paid from compactbanner.com yet...

kryton
10-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Czar
Yes, as are AdOptimal.

Hasn't this been discused before and apparently they claimed that they only use the same software. I've just searched this forum and can't find the thread, maybe I read it on another forum. Saying that I still wouldn't trust them myself.

Czar
10-06-2002, 11:13 PM
That's right, kryton. Good memory. :)

I believe that the thread in which the founder of CompactBanner was confronted is no longer publicly-accessible, but it's interesting to note that the day after he was met with questions concerning the relationship of the three 'companies', the whois records associated with both the SayByeBye and AdOptimal domains changed.

Coincidence?

Anyway, I think most of us know to tread carefully with these three. It does seem that all of them (or possibly just AdOptimal and CompactBanner) have paid some in the past, and that although they filter heavily based on US uniques, this fact has not been hidden from knowledge.

They certainly wouldn't be a group in which I'd invest a great deal of faith - or ad inventory - but they have served some publishers well in the past.

Let's just hope that they haven't called it a day, and that they do distribute outstanding payments to those who brought them business despite the warning signs.

DarkBlue
10-07-2002, 12:57 AM
I've been working with a gentleman calling himself 'Wayne' Yeager at say bye bye.
Does anyone know if this is Wayne Yeager from Trafficology, someone with the same name or possibly just an attempt to use another personís good name?

I noticed AdOptimal.com is registerd to a Yeager, not a Wayne however.

hmmmmmmm
:confused:

nick1977
10-07-2002, 01:49 AM
I got payment by paypal just last week but although I was using saybyebye.net account, the payment funnily arrived from compactbanner.com. Maybe I got paid as they owed me only 15 bucks, a bit more and definitely bye bye. :p

kams7ue
10-07-2002, 04:14 AM
Yesterday I got my payment for adoptimal account.
Sender's Name was "CompactBanner" and subject was "AdOptimal July Payment".

Are they still different ?
:cool:

besimple
10-07-2002, 07:44 AM
I've known Wayne Yeager for 3 years now....yes the very same Wayne from trafficology. He is a very respectable guy and Just think someone is abusing his great reputation as an internet entrepreneur.

Besimple :D
OR it could simply be a case of having the same name :)

dwergs
10-08-2002, 05:58 AM
I got paid yesterday by Saybyebye.net for July revenue as well.

Yay!

ccole
10-09-2002, 04:55 PM
I got paid by CompactBanner once a couple months ago, but they have owed me money for 2 months now and haven't paid up. I send them emails.....no replies.

And adoptimal and compactbanner being different companies is a bunch of crock. They don't even hide it very well. I'm signed up for both companies, and they send out all their emails at the same time, and every once in a while there's a ***** up with the subject line, or who the e-mail is from (ie AdOptimal Payments! when it's from compactbanner, etc.)