PDA

View Full Version : Please evaluate my site's ads

skunker
08-29-2002, 01:01 PM
Hello,
First time poster. Lots of good advice here. I was wondering if someone could take a look at my Web site dedicated to the upcoming historical epic film, The Alamo and tell me what I can do to improve my revenue from traffic. A few days ago, I signed up for my first advertising network ever--Fast Click. So far I've made 3$ in two days with 3K page views a day. Once the movie is released in a year or two, I know the page views will increase.

For now, can someone critique my site and tell me what I can do to prepare my site for the upcoming traffic? Can someone tell me how I can decrease the Ad Council banners? I already have the search engine rankings, etc, but I just want to know how I can optimize my ads. What would you do if you had this site? How would you advertise it? What companies would you use for advertising? Fast Click? What else? Thanks!

wsz
08-29-2002, 09:15 PM
So your site is about a film that hasn't been released yet? "The Alamo"? As in the Texans vs. Mexicans battle site in the 19th century? Perhaps a remake of the old (50s? 60s?) film?

So think in terms of general topic...

Amazon links to books about the original event, and biographies of the people involved.

Links to documentary videos about the physical area in Texas, and the events there.

Links to videos of the old movie.

Links to "western wear" - i.e. cowboy hats, etc.

Links to "western" and/or Texas-related videos/books/magazines in general (or lists of specific products.)

Reducing the Ad Council banners means that you will have to specify a default banner/destination within the FastClick interface. Try something from the above suggestions, or maybe make your own banners leading to other parts of your site (e.g. "Looking For Alamo Videos? Click Here!")

Hope this helps...