PDA

View Full Version : Need Add-on for picture rating script $$$

TDNetworks
08-26-2002, 02:03 PM
I own playazpage.com. I need something where someone that signs up gets points for each picture they rate. Like when someone rates a picture they get 1 point. Then have a part where they can use the points to view certain parts of the site or to get more features. Or use the points so i can see who has rated the most pictures and give them a prize or something. If you can do this please let me know by e-mailing me or pm'ing me. I will be willing to offer some money but not awhole lot.

TeddyBare69
09-06-2002, 04:35 AM
I am not sure if you have already gotten this taken care of or not. I have only worked in vBulletin but I went to the phpbb site to see if a point system already exists. Something you might be happy to hear is there is already a modification being developed for phpbb to allow ponits to be assigned and passed around between members. Here is the thread for discussing the features phpbb point system (http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12693&highlight=points)

I don't know how comfortable you are with installing modifications to your system. I can offer my assistance if you have not completed this on your own. As I am also sure there are multiple people on this list with the qualifications to do the same.

I hope this helps;)

Jan
09-06-2002, 07:49 AM
Hi Teddy Bear :)

Okay got the name wrong but welcome! :wave:

You look like you could be help to me with all this complicated coding stuff AKA martian language :p

TDNetworks
09-06-2002, 01:51 PM
Yeah, i checked that out before. I need something to add-on to my picture rating script though, not my forums.

TeddyBare69
09-07-2002, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the note of confidence :cool: I like to think that the only problem to big to solve is the one that you are not interested in. I have found very few of those while dealing with computers.

My dad told me the other day I should start putting that I am multilingual on my resume :rolleyes:

I have been making computers jump up and dance for the past 13 years. I have successfully had my hobby and my job as the same thing and I still have yet to learned enough to get bored with it :D

I have learned over the past years that the best way to learn is to listen to others questions and help to find the solution. :D You not only get to know that area of code almost better than the author in some cases but you also learn about different techniques and possible areas for improvement too. :eek:

If there questions I can anwer I am more than happy to offer my opinions on anything I know about or have the smallest idea about. The more people that read about my ideas the more minds are working towards getting a perfect solution to the problem :cool: