PDA

View Full Version : Using mail for Commission Junction

groundzero2010
08-20-2002, 01:55 PM
Can you use email to make money on Commission Junction? What way is used most to get leads for publishers from Commission Junction?

TurnKeyMan
09-09-2002, 05:47 PM
Your best way to get leads is to write content related to the advertiser, and then post links throughout the content. Only use an advertiser that has a product you would actually use. The more you rave or write about it, the more money you make.

Email wouldn't hurt if the product converts very well.....but you would need to see a pretty high conversion to make $$$$$$ and buy on a low CPM.

That is my experience anyway.....

nschwaber
09-19-2002, 11:39 PM
You have to be careful with email and affiliate programs....

I think it may violate CJ's rules... read thier TOS!!!

Nathan

gagsplus
10-01-2002, 10:18 PM
You have to be careful with email and affiliate programs....

Hmm, not that I am aware of, espically not at CJ, not many people just make money by throwing up banners or only text links, newsletters really help bring in the mail.

Each publisher decides whether you can use email or not. They just don't want SPAM email is the only thing of course

nschwaber
10-02-2002, 08:36 AM
gagsplus

I absolutly agree with you....

I think I typed something a little different than what I thinking.

I was just saying to be careful how you use it because you don't want to be blamed for SPAMing...

Which is a violation of their TOS...

TurnKeyMan
10-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Usually as long as you tell the advertiser what you are doing (and it is not going to be considered SPAM), they should usually be greatful that you are willing to email on their behalf.....ask them for the creatives that have pulled for them in the past.

The payout is going to have to be pretty good! Ask them what their Effective CPM or ECPM is.

- TurnKey Man