PDA

View Full Version : Profitable e-commerce site for sale

NetSlumlord
08-08-2002, 09:58 AM
1. Your name?
Lee Moss
2. URL(s) of site? http://www.lingeriemonthly.com
(2 more domains -1 finished included with sale- see below)
3. Age of site?
I bought it in December of 2000. I don't recall how long she operated it before we bought it.
4. Approximate monthly page views and/or unique visitor? http://extremetracking.com/open?tag=3593
5. How does site generate income? How much?
From subscriptions to the monthly lingerie services- lingerie, panties, and boxers.
Approx. $8,300 per year in profit. Average $20,000 a year in sales.
6. Who develops content and administers the site and how much time does it require?
Only monthly updates are necessary.
We have only spent about 10-12 hours a month on everything this year. That includes site updates, answering emails, confirming orders, ordering lingerie, shipping the lingerie, etc.
7. What industry/audience does your site serve?
95% of our customers are men looking to buy lingerie for their wives/girlfriends. Many of the orders are birthday/anniversary/Christmas/Valentine's gifts.
8. Is knowledge required of the industry served by your site?
Not really. We can tell you what you need to know in an hour.
9. Reason for selling?
see additional info below
10. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner?
yes
11. Does the site have an e-zine or newsletter? Number of subscribers?
no
12. Asking price for the site?
best offer over $8,000 or first offer of $9,000

I bought this site for my wife to run. I have always had my own sites to work on and she was staying at home at the time with our youngest daughter. She wanted something to do part-time and when I saw this site for sale it was perfect for us. But in January of this year she accepted a full-time job as a social worker and she wants to sell the site because she doesn't want to spend any of her free time packaging lingerie, answering emails, etc. She is a people person. She probably doesn't log on to the net more than twice a month.

I had plans to work on tripling the traffic and sales but never got around to doing any promotion. The only promotion I have done since buying the site is 2 or 3 newsletter ads and I had some Overture terms for a few months. The Overture terms were profitable at 6 or 7 cents a click but I let the money run out and need to call the company to get her password. Still the traffic has increased quite a bit over last year and the sales have went up as well. I also meant to start an affiliate program for it and never did.

The beauty of the site is that it's a monthly setup. You do not have to carry inventory the way you would with a normal lingerie shop. Also, we generally package all the orders in a few hours one day and then ship them all in an hour or so the next day. Unless there are special orders that people want to receive on certain dates this is the only packaging/shipping we do for the whole month. Because it is a monthly type deal we know about exactly how much lingerie we need each month so we don't have to order a lot of stock.
If you are interested send me an email and I will get back to you with more details on revenue (month-by-month, etc.) and whatever other questions you may have. The majority of my asking price will be made back by the new owner in the first 6 months (you'll see why in the month-by-month example.)
Do not email me offering lowball offers.
This is not a humor site that requires daily updates to make a few hundred dollars a month from advertising.
It's a site with a proven business model that produces steady revenue from sales of actual products.

The other 2 domains included are boxersmonthly.com and necktiesmonthly.com
The site for boxersmonthly is actually built already (but needs to be updated) and is on the lingeriemonthly site. We never got around to moving it over to the domain we bought for it and submitting it to Yahoo and the search engines. We have gotten a dozen or so orders from it though. Necktiesmonthly hasn't been worked on at all. I found a wholesale supplier and that is as far as I got with it.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.

merle
08-09-2002, 12:44 PM
HI, I sent you an email, I also wanted to let you know I had some questions and am interested.

thank you,
merle