PDA

View Full Version : Happy B'Day sdarken and tigress

Czar
06-24-2002, 08:41 AM
Simon's 100 years young according to his profile. Either that or a belated Y2K bug choosing today to raise its pretty head. ;)

Whatever the case, I hope that both he a tigress have a fantastic time on their respective brithdays - and encourage others to wait on them hand-and-foot. :D

mjames
06-24-2002, 10:23 AM
:angel:

Happy birthday! :Present:

GlamKitty
06-24-2002, 12:58 PM
Happy Birthday to yooooooooou!

(Thankfully, you are spared hearing me sing!)

Best wishes!

Steve_S
06-24-2002, 02:09 PM
LOL :)

Best wishes to all.

Note: It's already Tuesday in AU, just in case you woundered why some of you may not see these birthdays.

Idea: It would be tres cool if vB automatically sent each geek a birthday email along with the ability to insert other data in the email like when you last visited etc.

I can do this manually in Admin but have been reluctant to do so since some may think it's SPAM and or wounder how I determined their birthday even though they provided same on a voluntary basis.

Jan
06-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Czar
Simon's 100 years young according to his profile. Either that or a belated Y2K bug choosing today to raise its pretty head. ;)

I think it is all the jellybeans he consumes :p

Happy birthday Simon and Honesty :cheers: :dance:

sdarken
06-24-2002, 08:05 PM
Wow. Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone.

I have been pretty busy in the last couple of weeks and haven't been posting as much as usual but I still pop in at least once a day to check up on things.

I wonder what my wife would say if I told her that someone called GlamKitty wished me a happy birthday today. I bet she'd get out the credit card statements and start looking for unusual charges. (No offence meant to you G.K).

By the way I'm not turning one hundred. I just didn't want to put in my real year of birth in case somebody decided they could use that info for something bad. Also, I thought it would be fun to see if anyone would notice. (Czar wins a lifetime supply of jalapeno flavored jelly beans for that.)

Thanks again for the birthday wishes
Simon

Czar
06-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by sdarken
(Czar wins a lifetime supply of jalapeno flavored jelly beans for that.)Youch!

I don't know whether to say "hold the jalapeno" or "hold the jelly," but that's a wicked combination.

*takes a mouthful to be polite*
:livid:
I think I'm going to be regreting that later...;)
(oh, gawd, now I sound like I'm 100.)

sdarken
06-24-2002, 10:51 PM
Here you go, take a handful of your favorite:

http://www.jellybelly.com/About/Menu.htm

(Jalapeno, 6th row, bean 3)

This is one flavor not for the faint of heart. If you like your salsa hot enough to make you break out in a sweat, you’ll love this bean. We use real jalapeno pepper, no kidding.

Perhaps "chocolate pudding" jelly beans would be more to your liking.

- Smon

Rhea
06-25-2002, 05:30 AM
Hey, Simon! Where've you been hiding? Did you get a job, too, or did Scuba invite you along on his cruise to Cyprus?

Happy birthday wishes to you and Tigress, a tad belated!!!

sdarken
06-25-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Rhea
Hey, Simon! Where've you been hiding? Did you get a job, too

Thanks Rhea. I have started my own business doing website development for small businesses which has been quite successful. I have been getting lots of referrals. It does involve a lot more hours however so I don't have the time to make as many posts here as I used to.
Did Scuba invite you along on his cruise to Cyprus?
Nope, maybe next time. However I am leaving on Thursday for 10 days in Hawaii. I cashed in my frequent flier miles and got tickets for my whole family. I've stopped at the Honolulu airport many times on my way to Australia but I've never seen anything else there. It should be fun for my kids.

- Simon

Czar
06-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by sdarken
I've stopped at the Honolulu airport many times on my way to Australia...Oh yeah. I keep forgeting that you're an ex-pat Aussie.

Perhaps that explains the wacky-factor. ;)

Hope you have a great time in Hawaii (how could you not), and that you manage to squeeze in some well-deserved rest between email checks.