05-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Of the three main consoles available

Game Cube
X-Box
PS2

I just can't decide and no one say "all of them" :D

suresk
05-22-2002, 05:31 PM
I just bought an Xbox, it is definitely very cool :) I'm hooked on Halo & NFL Blitz 2002.

Get an Xbox!

mtgm
05-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Go with a Game Cube!

Be loyal to Nintendo, the company that started it all :)

Czar
05-22-2002, 09:58 PM
If you're in Australia (which I know you're not, but I'm just saying), XBox is the only way to go now.

For some reason, MS decided to cut the price of the units about 40% just a few weeks after release, which may be a gamble for the Redmond giant, but it's great for consumers. The XBox now retails here for $399 (approx $US210) and there are some retailers that have knocked another $20-$40 off that!

Those who bought the units at full price are entitled to bonus packs valued at $250.

Oh yeah, and it's a decent console/entertainment hub to boot. :D
Be loyal to Nintendo, the company that started it all.
Are we forgetting about an energetic little upstart called 'Atari'? ;)

racer67xx
05-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by mtgm
Go with a Game Cube!

Be loyal to Nintendo, the company that started it all :)

uhhh.....apparently you've forgotten about a little
company called Atari

Go with a PS2....much bigger catalog of available games, many of which are now under $30 each, plus you get the backward compatibility to play the old Playstation games, as well as the ability to play DVDs right out of the box. With the recent price drop to $199, PS2 is still the system to own.

Supermoo
05-23-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Czar
If you're in Australia (which I know you're not, but I'm just saying), XBox is the only way to go now.

*coughs loudly*

When is Microsoft the only way to go? :(

Czar
05-23-2002, 02:32 AM
Okay, I concede. PS2 has better appeal now for its huge game catalogue, but the truth is that on a dollar-for-dollar basis, the XBox is a better buy given its readiness for network gaming, superior graphics, etc.

The real battle will be waged between PS3 and XBox2; two consoles that will both be network-enabled from the get-go, and which will hopefully be launched within weeks of one another so as to allow for more balanced comparisons.

Sorry, Moo, but Mac hasn't yet pushed gaming as a priority in their Digital Hub strategy...but if it makes you feel any better, M$ loses money on each sale of the console (particularly in Australia), so maybe you could just buy the system as a cheap alternative to a GeForce PC and rent rather than buy games to send them a message...;)

Or, you could just use your PC, which still stacks up as one of the best gaming platforms around. :D But, of course, then you're still tangling with the beast from Redmond since the range of Linux games and emulators still don't stack up to the Win collection.

Supermoo
05-25-2002, 12:55 AM
Dosen't seem very well researched, but an interesting read none the less...

http://www.red-mercury.com/mmceo/mmceo_current.html

Furton
05-25-2002, 11:56 AM
Here's my conclusion so far.

X-Box: Very powerfull with $$$ behind it, but a lot of the games will be on the PC a few months later, is it worth me buying an X-Box just to play Halo earlier?

Game Cube: Some good games but it's kinda "kiddie", just like the N64 which I sold after a months dew to lack of good games.

PS2: Never bought anything Sony before (how sad) but the games on it look pretty good, although most of my mates have a PS2 as well.

GlamKitty
05-25-2002, 02:59 PM
Well, as an old fasioned girl, I say get a deck of cards, & maybe some classic board games like checkers ;)

D

I hafta nag someone b'sides my hubby & daughter, since PS2 no one ever plays with me anymore... (sniff)