PDA

View Full Version : Text Links?

Gracklor
05-06-2002, 03:17 AM
Has anyone here tried selling text links (instead of banner impressions & such)? Any experiences? (Good or bad...) :D

Rob
05-06-2002, 03:24 AM
I haven't done much playing around with text links but it has been my experience that they are becoming more productive than banner ads if done correctly.

Surfers are becoming more and more unresponsive to traditional banner ads. Text ads may start growing in popularity, who knows :eek:

funtoon
05-06-2002, 06:00 AM
My personal experience Textlinks convert better than banner ads anyday!

rolli
05-06-2002, 09:48 AM
People are getting more and more "blind" for banner ads.
Jonny

PaulT
05-06-2002, 10:34 AM
I've had great success using targetted CPA text links.

jiminsd
05-06-2002, 10:45 AM
I have a small targeted site and I am currently making 3 times as much with text links as opposed to the ad network that I also have.

I'd say that if you can define your traffic you can do great with highly fucused text links. It may not look as glorious as the banners and popups/popunders but it is the way to go.

FunPortal
05-06-2002, 10:59 AM
When i tried them they worked like a charm with a very nice CTR. The only problem is i don't know of to many Per Click Sponsors for this. Off the top of my head Clickxchange is the best for this.

Gracklor
05-06-2002, 12:18 PM
Hmmm...I may just try selling text link impressions instead of banner impressions on Ebay and see if anyone bites....

Rob
05-06-2002, 01:47 PM
Something to think about while considering Text links is peronally recommended CPA deals.

A web surfer is much more likely to visit and USE a service if you recommend it.

On the flip side of this coin remember NOT to abuse this type of ad power! If you have not used a program/service/product do not endorse it! Only recommend one's you have used and you liked or felt were actually useful.

If you can establish a good track record with your sufers and personal CPA deals you can make much more than any ad banner network can ever give you.. It does take a bit more time and a small investment to try the products but it is well worth it if you have the time and the small amount of cash :)

notforsale
05-06-2002, 02:16 PM
when i started out in this forum i asked this same question as a *test * but with a slight difference:

what's better?
a:: a descriptive link
b:: www.the-address-as-a-link.com

it's ok i already know the answer, that's why i asked it as a test.

personally, i hate flashing banners. flashing banners are my idea of design hell. most surfers don't trust them, and over the next few years as surfers become more sophisticated, they'll trust them even less. but surfers *do* trust text. having said that, i don't. i always look at the source code before i go clicking! I think there is more of a trend towards simplicity in web design these day's, thank god. it's almost lucky for the internet that we don't have a full coverage of broadband yet, because it focuses attention on more useful services and delivering information the surfers need. with broadband it's somewhat easier to get away with irrelevant multimedia, cr*ppy flash and slow loading banners. when more people have broadband in a couple of years or so, when it will be everywhere, we will also have evolved a better understanding of good multimedia (i'm putting banners into the mulimedia bracket) design. then i might consider going back to posting a banner.

Rob
05-06-2002, 03:46 PM
Well said notforsale, that's the reason I refuse to make my sites look nice with fancy graphics.. well, that and the fact that I can't :(