PDA

View Full Version : Must let you see this.

simplesite
03-26-2002, 02:18 PM
Something you may have missed, and please excuse if it`s been mentioned before,
I have no relation to it although I`m looking at integrating, somehow.
In terms of what it provide graphically in terms of keyword/link
traffic/and more relations is so cool.

http://www.kartoo.com/kartooen.html

Hope you find it useful....

A pleasure to show you

Richard

sdarken
03-26-2002, 03:32 PM
The graphics are very interesting but are they useful?

If I told my mother to go and use that search engine I think she would take one glance and leave, never to return.

I tried a couple of searches and couldn't make any real sense of the graphs. They showed all sorts of unconnected sites joined by lines and random phrases. I guess I know what they were trying to do but it didn't really provide anything useful.

Standard search engine results give me what I need without me having to interpret a lot of fancy graphics.

Just my 2c

Scuba
03-26-2002, 03:51 PM
In a way they are usefull and I can understand the idea behind this search very nice.

Only the resoults are not that good :rolleyes:

simplesite
03-26-2002, 03:55 PM
Sure, on the face, it seems to be a muddle, it`s to be gotten use to and there are a number of tricks...but can you imagine a well evolved 3d model....
I saw the palm/mobile potential of these fascinating and captivating presentations of results and although my mother would have loved it, i thought I`d show you guy`s as it was what I thought would be right up your street.

Personally, I`m captivated by it.

Have you used both keywords and site relationship search terms?

Rdp

brian 2468
03-28-2002, 12:31 AM
I like it, maps and graphs with a trained eye can be very useful. Plus like you said once people get use to it the information is taken in much faster as must people a visual:)

Animal Trial (http://animaltrial.com)

Rhea
03-28-2002, 09:42 AM
I like it. I don't think it will become my metasearch engine of first choice (my heart belongs to Google), but the graphic interface has its uses.

I like that sites are clustered according to 'sameness'. This is a good way to find out who you're competing with in the keyword category. It's also a good way to find out which keywords your most successful competitors are using. Chances are if the top five are using the same keywords, you should be using them too. I also like that it's not as linear as conventional text based metasearch engines.

However, people who aren't comfortable with graphs or who aren't visual thinkers will probably find kartoo more trouble than it's worth. I predict it will be a big hit with physicists, engineers and visual artists! :D