PDA

View Full Version : Paying tax as non-US resident

pgkooijman
12-12-2001, 03:48 AM
I am using a bunch of US affiliate programs which are really starting to pay off with the movie release coming very close. All programs will send me checks to the Netherlands, where I live. I am sure I am supposed to pay some sort of taxes over this income. Does anybody from The Netherlands or another non-US country pay taxes and how much?

What is the change of the IRS (or 'Belastingdienst' in Dutch) ever finding out that I am cashing checks? Any money-laundring tricks?

:)

pgkooijman
12-12-2001, 03:50 AM
O yes, if anybody from the IRS (or 'Belastingdienst) is listening, my real name is John Doe....

Czar
12-12-2001, 07:19 AM
Hey Philip,

I know you're very likely joking about the tax evasion hints, so I'll ignore that in the hope that you're smart enough to obey your country's laws and customs.

Being a resident and citizen of the Netherlands, you are not liable to the IRS at all, but may be asked to fill out W8 and 1001 forms once your earnings increase in order to provide the IRS with definitive evidence that you are not a US citizen/entity.

You are required, however, to declare any and all income that you generate to the Belastingdienst, and to pay income taxes accordingly. See your tax agent, accountant or Belastingdienst rep about any specific queries that you may have.

< moving to Business Principles forum >

247malls
12-12-2001, 02:07 PM
Our business is based in Austria and our tax laws and agreements with the IRS are almost indentical.

You just pay tax in the Netherlands as you do on all other incomes.

For your info: All european community contries do have a regulation, that the US will forward all tax reports on EC citiziens to the respective countries, but ....

if you do not earn more the $600 from one certain source and do not have to send a W-8 Form, just forget about it and do not include it in your tax report!

Everything over $600 (again - from the same source only) you MUST include and pay taxes on.

Hope this helps!
Sylvia