PDA

View Full Version : webhitsdirect.com $0.75 CPM non-unique popunder

demae
11-20-2001, 09:27 PM
I saw this ad on GeekVillage:

We are interested in purchasing website traffic via popunders. We pay every couple of days via paypal and can offer references to you. Best of all there is no minimum payout!
Rates: Unique $2.00/cpm RAW .75/CPM
We offer real-time stats and earnings. To sign-up visit:
http://www.webhitsdirect.com/createAffiliateAccount.php

Has anyone used this program? I'm wondering if there are any catches; for example, GoClick.com reduces your popunder payout by 40% if your CTR on the popup is too low. I'm thinking of using their non-unique popunders on a site that has 5+ pageviews per visit.

madaweb
11-21-2001, 11:35 AM
I figured I'd try it out, I put the code on my site and the popup ain't popping. Tryed to access the stats page got this:
Warning: Too many connections in /home/webhits/affiliateMenu.php on line 10

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/webhits/affiliateMenu.php on line 11

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/webhits/affiliateMenu.php on line 11

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/webhits/affiliateMenu.php on line 22

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/webhits/affiliateMenu.php on line 22
The database is down!

So I don't know...maybe just a bad day.

C. Stark
11-21-2001, 01:10 PM
I tried it on a small section of my site, and the stats they are giving me for the hits that I sent them are 100% accurate according to my logs. But their site is awfully crude. Has anyone ever recieved a check from them.

tonyd203
11-21-2001, 02:48 PM
Guys:

The popunder WILL NOT POP if no campaigns are running!

As soon as I send a campaign to the ad server the pop starts working.

Also, the reason for the connection errors is because we were working on the server this morning.

You really think the site is crude? How so? Any feedback would be appreciated. Customers must think it is ok since they keep coming back.

As far as checks, I use paypal for payments..

Tony

JoeZychik
11-21-2001, 06:07 PM
Hi Tony,
I found your site TOTALLY unresponsive. I sent an e-mail as an advertizer. Wanted to know if you offer a 20 second guarantee as some popunder companies do. Never heard from anyone.

I am very interested in purchasing popunder traffic in rather large quantities in the first quarter of next year. Your untargetted popunders intrigue me. I wanted to use them as a test for my larger campaign.

Thank you,

JoeZychik

tonyd203
11-21-2001, 06:44 PM
Joe:

We are very responsive. When did you send the e-mail. You are the 2nd person today that has told me that. I have not received such e-mail.

I am very good about answering e-mails. We just switched over to a dedicated server and I am wondering it that has something to do with it...

When did you send the e-mail?

bstrawse
11-21-2001, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by demae
I saw this ad on GeekVillage:

Has anyone used this program? I'm wondering if there are any catches; for example, GoClick.com reduces your popunder payout by 40% if your CTR on the popup is too low. I'm thinking of using their non-unique popunders on a site that has 5+ pageviews per visit.

I've been doing business with Tony and his company for a few months now - very responsive - pays on time with PayPal - I would have no concerns about doing more business with him...

We continue to use his advertising on several sites..

Hope this helps,
Bryan

JoeZychik
11-21-2001, 11:27 PM
The following was sent on 11/14
-------------
First, thanx for your honest disclosure about paid to visit hits.

Questions:
what percentage are paid to visit?

What is difference between unique and non-unique.

Any idea on how long window will stay open? Some services guaranteed window will stay open for at least 20 seconds. Is that really possible?

thank you,

JoeZychik
--------

tonyd203
11-22-2001, 10:17 AM
-------------
First, thanx for your honest disclosure about paid to visit hits.

Questions:
what percentage are paid to visit?

---- Joe, we have a number of publishers that provide us traffic via popunder windows, we actually PAY FOR THE TRAFFIC, the visitors see the windows and can do with it what they may.

What is difference between unique and non-unique.
------- Unique means that the same person will not see your add in a given time period (24 hrs, week, month) However, we capture every IP address and ensure that you receive unique traffic base on individual IPs (in other words not time associate with it)

Non-Unique means just that, it is the number of times your popunder is displayed not taking the ip address into account.

Any idea on how long window will stay open? Some services guaranteed window will stay open for at least 20 seconds. Is that really possible?

--- We do not place a time on the window, it is not fair to publisher to do this. However, since we only utilize popunders and do not spawn other windows, the chances of you window being opened for longer than 20 seconds is great, however, it all depends on the person currently visiting the site.

I hope this has helped you Joe..Happy Holidays

thank you,

JoeZychik
--------

pete57
11-22-2001, 10:52 AM
I signed up for the program yesterday and was wondering if the code had to be inserted into the body or head..I tried both and have been able to get a window show up..everything in order ?

demae
11-22-2001, 10:55 AM
If it's just a <SCRIPT> tag that does a window.open() call, it doesn't matter where in the page you put it - it'll still work. (Technically, <SCRIPT> tags should only go inside <HEAD>...</HEAD>, but it seems all web browsers will honor the <SCRIPT> tags no matter where they are placed - even if it's after </HTML>.)

ExitPower
11-22-2001, 04:14 PM
They are using an Ebay cookie cutter site .. i think their design is part of those programs that teach you how to build and sell sites really quickly.. many sites use that frontpage... Be Weary

tonyd203
11-22-2001, 06:46 PM
Excuse me exitpower, but I have been in business for over 1 year doing this. I liked the look of the site so i bought.

i have about 86 sites in my advertising network and proud of it..

So please refrain from negative comments..and weary is actually spelled wary .. weary means tired

tonyd203
11-22-2001, 06:48 PM
Take a look at those cookie cutter sites, you will be HARD PRESSED to find a stats section built as part of them.

PaulT
11-23-2001, 01:52 PM
I am sorry tonyd103, but exit power is quite entitled to his opinions, and in his opinion an Ebay cookie cutter site is not "proffessional" which is something I quite agree with.

cool
11-24-2001, 07:43 PM
Let me step in here and defend Tony for a second. He paid me via paypal after ONE DAY of showing his pop-ups. He promptly answers every single question that I e-mailed him.

Cookie-cutter or not, his site obviously gets customers because he is constantly adding campaigns for me and paying me via paypal almost every single day (literally).

tonyd203
11-24-2001, 11:36 PM
As a matter of fact, you have some more money coming to you!!
Thanks for the kind words

sterlingbeck
11-25-2001, 01:46 PM
Tony has been excellent in regard to us, and prompt payment.

iklik
11-28-2001, 03:02 AM
Tony's pop-unders have been great for me and my site as well. Prompt on email replies, and quality pop-unders.

JoeZychik
11-28-2001, 10:09 AM
Hi Tony,
There must be something wrong with your mailserver.

I went to your site and sent you an e-mail on Friday. Still have not heard from you.

What's up? This will be the second time in a row I've had to use this board to get a response from you.

I'm sure it's some kind of technical glitch, but now I worry about your adservers because I can't get an e-mail thru to you from your site.

Thank you for your attention to this matter

JoeZychik

tonyd203
11-28-2001, 10:28 AM
Joe:

You are correct. When we switched over to our dedicated server, my host still had our site installed on our shared server as well as the pop3 accounts. Apparantely, all the e-mail was going into limbo and I have not been receiving it since the switch. I am frustrated as are you. They have told me it is fixed.

There is no need to worry about the ad server, it is fine. Sorry about the confusion Joe.

Please accept our apologies.

Tony

Lil_Red
11-28-2001, 10:36 AM
Just to add my 2 cents worth. Tony has been a refreshing change from the normal headaches I go through dealing with ad networks. He pays right on time and has kept a steady stream of campaigns coming through for us over the last few months.

It's been a very nice change from the normal pestering ad networks about late payment, sending delinquent accounts to collections, etc.

Kaiosama
11-28-2001, 07:05 PM
I'm slightly confused by your service... I signed up and received the code but it doesn't work (do i have to wait a bit of time for it to activate).

Also how do i choose between unique and non-unique pop-ups?

BTW, is your email server functioning properly at the moment.

madaweb
11-28-2001, 07:36 PM
Kaiosama all your questions are answered in the previous posts.
You will only get popups when they have some to serve, they send you a mix of unique and non-unique, and they've been having problems with their email.

Kaiosama
11-28-2001, 07:44 PM
Well, I actually read everything but just wanted to make sure of the details...

I thought that there would be some campaigns by now... Also alot of details and information on the website were left off. I think you can really improve on that.

Also I didn't state my question correctly about the email. I wanted to really ask:

Is your email server functioning yet?

madaweb
11-28-2001, 08:46 PM
I joined them recently too and it took a few hours for me to start getting popups on my site, I've only been with them for a few days but it seems like they have quite a few advertisers and they send me popups that are both unique and non-unique.

tonyd203
11-28-2001, 09:43 PM
E-mail server is now working had to restore a ton of e-mails..

Thanks for understanding. Send the e-mails, I'm ready for them :) LOL

Tony

tonyd203
11-29-2001, 10:00 AM
Hi
What type of details were your referring to that should be included on the site. Always looking to make improvements

Looking forward to hearing them

Tony D

C. Stark
11-29-2001, 11:20 PM
Tony is a standup guy. I just signed with webhitsdirect a few days ago. I got paid already through paypal. No net 60, 90 or anything. He didn't even wait for the month to end. Thanks Tony.

C. Stark

tonyd203
11-30-2001, 09:08 AM
I appreciate all of your traffic input. ... Great Job !!!

Tony

Kaiosama
11-30-2001, 04:16 PM
Well here are some details that could help future affiliates. Near the email box when signing up you might want to tell affiliates that their funds will be transferred to the paypal account corresponding to that address.

Something like this:

Email Address (Your Funds will be sent here):

Also about the code you should also inform the publishers that this code will load pop-ups whenever there are campaigns running. It will show both raw and unique pop-ups.

TemporaryID
11-30-2001, 04:34 PM
Can I have other pop-up window on a different page. So basically one page will only have one pop-up either webhitsdirect or someone else.

tonyd203
11-30-2001, 08:53 PM
Due to the unbelievable response in the webhitsdirect.com publisher signups, I have currently closed it to new members temporarily...The traffic we are receiving is outstanding...I am extremely please with everyone I have met and am looking forward to continued business with you...

Time to send out the paypals..talk soon

Have a great weekend
Tony

iklik
12-01-2001, 12:05 AM
Quality program tony, thanks a lot! I just got paid again :)

adnanazam
12-01-2001, 01:42 PM
hi tony,
i became member of your site yesterday. but i have a problem. i want to change my email addres . how i will be able to do that and is there any facility to edit personal profile.

my username is "adnan"

Adnan Azam
http://www.pointsmoney.com

tonyd203
12-01-2001, 01:56 PM
and I will change it for you

:)

Tony D

tonyd203
12-01-2001, 02:00 PM
In an effort to be fair and give everyone a chance to participate in a campaign, I created a new ad code that creates a cookie..I have had several requests to do this and I am responding to those requests. Can you please install the new ad code as soon as you can?

Thanks..and Have a great weekend

Tony

tonyd203
12-05-2001, 03:10 PM
Website Advertising Like The “Big Boys”

MONROE, CT -- (INTERNET WIRE) -- 12/05/2001 -- There was a time when promoting your small business website was almost impossible to do because of the price. It was expensive and difficult to compete in a market that was closed to the “little guy”. Today that has changed!

Enter WebHitsDirect.com a subsidiary of The Home Marketer, LLC based in Monroe, CT. Through an extensive ad network of affiliate sites and partnerships, they are able to place a client’s website in front of millions of people at a very low cost to the advertiser. No longer do the larger sites have this type of advertising at their disposal! WebHitsDirect.com has given small business owners the chance to help brand their businesses or sell their products via their ad network.

They offer a wide range of categories that meet most any advertiser’s needs and work closely with the client to effectively manage their campaign – NO MATTER HOW SMALL!

According to CEO Anthony J. DeCredico, WebHitsDirect.com has nearly doubled it’s sales every month since it’s inception in July 2000.

“Our goal at WebHitsDirect.com is to assist business owners large and small achieve higher response rates through low cost marketing solutions. We view every one of our customers as important and focus on quality customer service. If they are not happy, we aren’t either”

WebHitsDirect.com offers advertising quality at very low rates. Start time on most ad campaigns is less than 48 hours with many packages being completed in a matter of days.

Rates as of December 1, 2001 range from $39.95 - $2,999.95 depending on the level of service you require.

For more information about advertising with WebHitsDirect.com visit their website at: www.webhitsdirect.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Company: WebHitsDirect.com
Phone: 203-445-8433
Email: sales@webhitsdirect.com

tonyd203
12-05-2001, 03:12 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/011205/02035591_1.html