PDA

View Full Version : Is my site search engine friendly?

LastActionHero
11-02-2001, 10:22 AM
Please look at www.merazone.com and tell me is my site search engine friendly or not? Basically the meta tags and all? What do I got to do to increase the chance of my site being listed in search engines.

sdarken
11-02-2001, 11:50 AM
The big problem with a site like yours is that it doesn't fit nicely into any one particular category.

Cramming dozens of keywords into your metatags will not give you a good ranking. Your site has to have content about these topics. Metatags play a fairly insignificant role in search engine rankings since search engines have figured out that people tend to stuff all sorts of irrelevant words in there.

The most important places where your keywords should appear are : the page title, the H1 (heading tag) and the body of your page.

By the way, I received a "Software Error" on the following page:
http://www.merazone.com/cgi-bin/pod/pod.cgi

- Simon

LastActionHero
11-02-2001, 11:57 AM
The big problem with a site like yours is that it doesn't fit nicely into any one particular category.

Cramming dozens of keywords into your metatags will not give you a good ranking. Your site has to have content about these topics. Metatags play a fairly insignificant role in search engine rankings since search engines have figured out that people tend to stuff all sorts of irrelevant words in there.

The most important places where your keywords should appear are : the page title, the H1 (heading tag) and the body of your page.

So Shud I remove some of the keywords?

By the way, I received a "Software Error" on the following page:
http://www.merazone.com/cgi-bin/pod/pod.cgi

- Simon

Yes I know. some of the modules that are required by the script are not installed by host yet. I have sent in a request.

Thanks for the evaluation

Hope
11-02-2001, 01:46 PM
LAH,

I would recomend you dump the keywords you currently have and start over. If you use each word just once , the spiders will like them a lot more. You might think about the title also. Try to put a keyword or two in there.