PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Company w/the Internet's Help?

MattFS218
08-03-2001, 11:07 PM
Okay, since this is a Business Principles section I thought this would be a good place to post. I'm an American that makes a living off various internet ventures. Mostly having to do with affiliate programs and website traffic.

Would incorporating or buying one of those 'off the shelf' companies from the UK or another jurisdiction outside the IRSís control be beneficial?

As long as I pay income taxes on my personal income, I do not see any legal barriers with an American having steak on a foreign business.

On the plus side, owing a company in a foreign market would have corporate tax benefits and would be a plus when paying affiliates in the States (not required to ask for taxid/ss#) Any thoughts?

Matt

Lil_Red
08-04-2001, 09:42 AM
I would guess that you would be responsible for paying corporate taxes to the country that the business is incorporated in. You might avoid paying taxes to Uncle Sam but you would still be responsible for paying taxes to the foreign government.

There might also be restrictions on how much foreign earned money you could bring in to support your US incorporated business.