Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2001, 10:21 AM   #1
Outlaw

Question eFront? Class Action lawsuit?!?!

One of my friends who was with eFront just emailed me and said he got $125,000 from eFront in a class acion lawsuit... (My friend barely got 10000 hits/day). My friend said

"when their manager quit, he told me that they filed for bankruptcy and hid all their money in personal accounts, so now after all those ICQ logs and money laundering, that guy Sam is now in jail, because 100+ webmasters pressed charges against him and 150 or so of us filed a class action suit against the company"

I do not know if this is official but does anyone have any details as to if it is or was anyone else here in this lawsuit an got money out of it?

------------------
- AI Corp.
www.animeinstinct.com
www.animetopsites.com
www.dbzhost.com
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 10:26 AM   #2
BlazeBox
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

I know pretty many ex-eFront webmasters (representing the bigger eFront properties) and I know most of them didn't decide to press charges ... I won't be too sure as to the correctness of this information.

Also, isn't information on class action lawsuits publicly accessible? I'm not sure whether it is or not, but it seems likely to me!

Anyone have any more information?

Have a great day,

Mike
BlazeBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 10:32 AM   #3
zMan

Thumbs down

Looks like a false rumor to me. I was with eFront too and never heard of any class-action-lawsuit against them anywhere on the Internet.

------------------
zMan
zMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 10:32 AM   #4
kerplunk
Member.

Thumbs up

WOW. $125,000? I wish I would have signed up for eFront. HAHA.

------------------
NeonTeen Internet -- The online hangout for teens.
Email: kerplunk@neonteen.com
kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 04:42 PM   #5
KP of Snooply
Member.

Unhappy

Sam in jail? Whoa. Wouldn't we have heard about this? Like on News.com or Wired.com ?

------------------
Kaumil Patel
Snooply.com - We Snoop. You Find.
KP of Snooply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 11:40 PM   #6
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

The validity of these statements by your friend are doubtfull in nature http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

It's rather elementry for me to verify these "facts" for the Community. Should take me about 5 minutes with the answers to these questions:

1) The docket number of the "class" and the exact location of the court which rendered the decision/judgement?

2) The name and exact location of the jail?

Answers please? http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Steve_S
Administrator/Owner/Webmaster/Tribal Chief/Janitor
Read what our Members think of geek/talk.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant." -Horace
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote