Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2001, 02:39 AM   #1
Toonhunt

Unhappy Advertising for an internal website?

I am developing a school website that will be accessed mainly in school by 12-18 year olds, the trouble is most of the hits will have the same ip address I was wondering do you know if any advertisers would allow this sort of website, as it may be come into the realm of cheating. It is a gaurenteed demograph for sure http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif but I dont know if this will help. Any help would be grateful, the website will be set as the homepage on all school computers so the number of impressions should be extremely high. Another problem is I need the advertiser before I launch the website!

------------------
Toonhunt.com - Cartoon related sites of the web
cartmans-southpark.co.uk - Animated Southpark site
Toonhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 04:00 AM   #2
kerplunk
Member.

Unhappy

It's probably possible to do something but it wouldn't be worth it... http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
NeonTeen Internet -- The online hangout for teens.
Email: kerplunk@neonteen.com
kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 04:38 AM   #3
Ralph Slate

Unhappy

Sell ads to local companies -- forget about national ads. Since most of your traffic is from one geographical location, you have an advantage -- go to the local roller skating rink and convince them to do a by-the-month ad, etc.

Ralph
Ralph Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 05:34 AM   #4
Questy

Lightbulb

Toonhunt,

This forum is primarily for things like affiliate programs and the like. I think the site promotion forum might be a better place to discuss this. In fact why don't you bring your conversation over there.

Here's a thread you may find of interest: http://geekvillage.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000603.html
Questy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 06:37 AM   #5
Nate1

Unhappy

I don't think this belongs in site promotion, he has the traffic already and is trying to find the correct type of advertiser, seems like trying to "make money on the internet."
Nate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 06:46 AM   #6
Toonhunt

Unhappy

Yes I have no problems promoting the site, its going to promote itself, its the advertising and making money aspect I am interested in.

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 02:39 AM   #7
Toonhunt

Unhappy

Any more advice or suggestions? or anyone with a similar situation who could get in contact and let me know how you got on?

------------------
Old 06-22-2001, 04:10 AM   #8
Kathy

Unhappy

Have you checked with the "powers that be" about running advertising on school district pages?

I run our school's website which is part of a larger network of pages for our district. There is no way they would allow advertising. School is considered "non-profit" and having RON ads on pages wouldn't do at all. Who would pocket that money? Is it a fund raiser for a club?

If so....sell local ads....like the school newspaper or school yearbook does for their costs. I just know though....that "profits" through a school website will be questioned by someone, imho.

Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote