Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2001, 02:54 PM   #1
pearce6
Member.

Unhappy NOW that is what you call a good Ad Network!

Thumbs up as to go to Fastclick.com , there tracking on pop unders is great, they count everyone because they dont pop to everyone. the popups are clean and the traffic and graphs there are excellent. also running multiple sites from one user area is excellent ;-0

after going through so many depressing programs - exitfuel, popuptraffic, etc etc good to finally find a good popup sponsor.

not tried there banners yet but will be doing so http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

thought i would share good news
pearce6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 03:08 PM   #2
thecrew
Member.

Smile

They are amazing. I just started the banners a few days ago and they are great at a rate between 0.40 and 0.50 cents.

There default system is great too. If you try the banners you will be just as happy. : )

But remember there are quite a few defaults so have some secondary providers ready.
thecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 03:09 PM   #3
pearce6
Member.

Unhappy

glad ur having a good time with them, not had to use their support yet but i guess it will be just as good, hopefully the wont suffer from overtrading if they expand http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

come on Fastclick - U rock
pearce6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 04:23 PM   #4
KP of Snooply
Member.

Unhappy

FastClick is by far the greatest ad network!

------------------
Kaumil Patel
Snooply.com - We Snoop. You Find.
KP of Snooply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 04:26 PM   #5
Synozeer

Unhappy

I've been filling my defaults with things like CJ and Allclicks, but neither of those programs seem to be accurately counting clicks - FastClick is always much higher. So I figure one of two things must be going on: FastClick isn't sending traffic through correctly, or the companies I use for defaults aren't accurately tracking.

Anyone else have this problem?

------------------
Insane Pictures - www.insanepictures.com
Top MUD Sites - www.topmudsites.com
Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 04:56 PM   #6
mp3next
Member.

Thumbs up

lucky guys... wish i could join them but i haven't been so lucky... but i'm happy for you guys, it's nice to know people are still making money off impression sponsors out there...
mp3next is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 05:24 PM   #7
NetSlumlord

Unhappy

"So I figure one of two things must be going on: FastClick isn't sending traffic through correctly, or the companies I use for defaults aren't accurately tracking."

I'd say it's mostly the latter. CJ undercounts my clicks and impressions for CPC programs.
I've used other places for my Fastclick defaults and the # of clicks was pretty accurate.
It's probably a little of both though.
Someone clicks a banner but then closes the window it opens in before it loads and they don't count it on that end.
NetSlumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 07:41 PM   #8
Ralph Slate

Unhappy

Fastclick has been fantastic; they respect their publishers *and* their advertisers. They are just as strict with advertisers who cheat publishers as they are publishers who cheat advertisers.

Some of their popunder advertisers were doing slimy things. One advertiser had some Javascript on their ad so that tried to add their site as the default home page (or something like that). Another spawned some popup windows when you closed their popunder window. Each time I alerted these tactics to FastClick, FastClick made the advertisers remove the funny stuff.

Other ad networks just bend over and take that treatment on the philosophy "we have to cater to the advertisers because they're the ones with the money".

Ralph

[This message has been edited by Ralph Slate (edited 06-10-2001).]
Ralph Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 08:46 PM   #9
weagle

Unhappy

fastclick is accurate in stats, if they undercount the popups they surely won't pop on those undercounts unlike other agencies that say they popup everytime which they do but undercount thus a $3 cpm is really $1 to $.30cpm. In other words you get $2-3 from fastclick you get exactly what the correct stats say. I have a feeling all those agencies (won't say who but you should see for yourself anyways) who are undercounting but when you do a few test popups you notice they popup everytime but are ripping the people off on the undercounts in the stats.
weagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 10:37 PM   #10
JonPKibble
Member.

Unhappy

What's a Synozeer?

LOL
JonPKibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 12:46 AM   #11
Jan

Administrator

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by JonPKibble:
What's a Synozeer?

LOL
Ummmmmmm....I give up, what is it? :-)

Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 05:00 AM   #12
Wiggum

Angry

FastClick unceremoniously dumped my network of sites for low CTR. They gave us less than 1 day to remove their code from 15 sites. They also locked us out of their tracking site immediately so we were unable to determine exactly what they owed us (they did send us a final check).

It's a shame that professionalism is the first thing to go when times get tough.

[This message has been edited by Wiggum (edited 06-11-2001).]
Wiggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 05:15 AM   #13
kerplunk
Member.

Thumbs up

So what did you do to deserve it? I've been with FastClick for about 2 months now and I love them. They be a perfect ad network if they didn't have any defaults (they have a lot of defaults).

------------------
NeonTeen Internet -- The online hangout for teens.
Email: kerplunk@neonteen.com
kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 05:19 AM   #14
Synozeer

Unhappy

Ahhh, the infamous, "What is a Synozeer?"

Being an avid player of multiplayer fantasy games, I'm always trying to come up with original names that I can use. Synozeer is just one of them. Others which I've used from time to time are Aladeptus, Hzarn, Var, Githnaru, and so forth.

Hope that answered your question http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Insane Pictures - www.insanepictures.com
Top MUD Sites - www.topmudsites.com
Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote