Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2001, 12:52 AM   #1
eca

Question Engage & Adtegrity "problem"

Hi,

My site is currently using Engage & Adtegrity for bannerserving.. The problem is that Adtegrity don't have any "defaults" which allows me to redirect to another company, and Engage does not support Rich Media as redirects ( therefore I can't use Adtegrity as redirects from Engage )..

How are you people working around this problem? Which network should I try to join in order to get Engage at the top and Adtegrity at the "bottom" with a network in between which support Rich Media redirects so that I can use that serve Adtegrity banners...

So, all in all, I need to join a network capable of serving Rich Media banners as redirects for Adtegrity, while that network itself is used as redirects from Engage..

The problem is that I don't know what network(s) to try to join. That's where you come in http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Regards,
Raymond
eca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 01:47 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

FastClick supports multiple rich-media defaults. It's default system is so configurable that it's often seen as a poor-mans banner management system.

Best of luck gaining acceptance. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 03:59 AM   #3
eca

Unhappy

Czar,

Thanks for letting me know..

I did apply for publisher membership a while ago ( 6 months - 1 year ago ) but they declined the website..

Since then I've redesigned the website ( and I currently redesign it at this point ) and added a lot of new content..

If you want to ( any of you ) you are free to take a look at the site now so that you can comment on the new layout ( in a few days ).. http://www.fundimension.com

Now over to FastClick again.. Do they work OK as a default in Engage? Or will that be problems?

- Raymond
Old 06-07-2001, 05:17 AM   #4
Stuart D

Unhappy

Fastclick has special tags for using their ads as defults with engage and last time I checked you can use engages code with fastclick.

Also Czar I spoke to David at Engage Australia they changed from direct deopsits to sending out cheques again.
Stuart D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 06:29 AM   #5
cco

Unhappy

eca,

I have a fun site and I tried Adtegrity and could hardly make pennies - I think I made .09 CPM the first couple of days! Are you making money with them? How?

Now Fastclick is another story. They are much more flexible and offer CPM & CPC and flexible banner choice. They work really well for me. Good luck.
cco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 07:43 AM   #6
eca

Unhappy

cco,

I've been with adtegrity for probably 4 or 5 months now, and the average for May was probably $0.30 - $0.40 CPM, with an average CTR of 0.50 % ( or something like that )..

I make barely enough to keep the site online http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

What is your website? Maybe we could exchange links?

PS : If anyone want to comment on the new look of my website, you are free to compare the old one : http://www.fundimension.com with the new one : http://www.newbornphotographs.com

Regards,
Raymond
Old 06-07-2001, 09:29 AM   #7
Ralph Slate

Unhappy

True, FastClick does have Rich Media defaults, but these only work if you use FastClick as your primary ad network (i.e. put their code on your site, not Engage).

You can't do this:

Engage -> FastClick -> Adtegrity

But you can do this:

FastClick -> Adtegrity
FastClick -> Engage

Problem is, this doesn't help you all that much -- you're just splitting your inventory between Adtegrity and Engage.

Ralph
Ralph Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 10:08 AM   #8
eca

Unhappy

Ok,

You are right.. That won't do much good http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

Does anyone know which company I can replace X with below :

Engage -> X -> Adtegrity

X needs to be a network which allows Adtegrity to be used as Rich Media defaults, and the company itself must be able to be used as defaults in Engage..

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appriciate them VERY much!

------------------
Raymond Hansen
-----------------
http://www.fundimension.com : A whole dimension of fun
Old 06-07-2001, 10:30 AM   #9
demae

Unhappy

Engage > X > Adtegrity would not work if Engage doesn't support rich media redirects, because X would not be able to show Adtegrity's rich media code.

One thing you might try is to install an ad serving script (e.g. adcycle) on your website and run it with Engage and Adtegrity in rotation. Figure out what percentage of your advertising Engage is taking, and try to give it exactly that much. Don't show the same banner network to the same visitor twice in a row (banner networks prefer fresh visitors).
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 03:24 PM   #10
weagle

Unhappy

X can be substituted for fastclick if you get accepted into fastclick it's worth pursuing, they serve default rich media (iframe code).
weagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 06:39 PM   #11
demae

Unhappy

How can Fastclick serve rich media when it's being used as an IMG SRC default of Engage?
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:20 PM   #12
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Quote:
Also Czar I spoke to David at Engage Australia they changed from direct deopsits to sending out cheques again.
Thanks for the heads up. Actually, I've been receiving mixed messages from Engage Australia, with one contact (from Engage USA, I believe), stating that she has taken over the administration of me accounts, and that checks will be issed in US dollars. At the same time, Engage Australia have sent my publisher reports asking me to invoice them for the AUD dollar amount.

I've also heard nothing about payment methods, but since the last payment that should have been issued is comfortably overdue (as per usual), I'll give them a call today.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote