Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2001, 06:25 AM   #1
WildComputer

Unhappy Suggestion for merchants on Affiliate Member area

I have been going thru' checking all my affiliate accounts (which is a LOT of different programs) in the last few days, including some that I haven't done much/anything with for a year or more.

This has not been a very pleasant task for a number of simple, and I would have hoped readily solvable, reasons

- a few programs died with no termination announcement

- several programs have moved the log in page and hidden it extremely well...

- several programs change their login ID format. For example, if you ID was XX1234, then it's now 1234 or vice-versa. A simple note on the login page, or simply handling both types of logins) would save everybody a ton of time.

- several programs that work (including ones I've been paid by), but parts of their affiliate member area don't work This has often gotta be an installation bug, as sometimes I see the exact same scripts operate fully on other merchants' sites. Maybe some of these merchants could check their affiliate areas once in a while?

- Suggestion for merchants: I know several merchants secure your address info by storing it offline and not allowing online editing. I have no problem with that, security is always good. But it would be nice to be able to see in your account area what the details (even if you can't change them for security reasons), as it will let you verify those details are current. I guess this is a minor issue, but nice-to-have.

On a lighter note, I would say probably 80% of the sites worked fine, including nearly every site using GroundBreak, ProTrack, AssocTrack, and that checkord.cgi script

------------------
Sunil Tanna
[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 05-04-2001).]
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote