Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 01:04 PM   #1
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy I'm looking for a GOOD Ad agency with High CPM RATES , for my 3-4 million impressions

I need a good Ad agency with a high CPM rate , 3$~ or more if possible. If anyone knows a good one. I've looked everywhere , flycast, 24/7 media etc..

My site is gaming related and boasts up to 3-4 million impressions a month.

We spoke to L90 advertising they are offering us 25-60 cents CPC clicks and 1$-2$ CPM banner rate and 2$-10$ CPM pop ups...

however u must pay 1000$ setup fee to become a publisher

anyone knows a better deal

im still waiting for doubleclick.net's answer btw..
Old 03-06-2001, 01:09 PM   #2
jkcity

Unhappy

It will be hard to get cpm rates thta high, and from what I have been told L90 is not so good your only hope is to get accepeted into double click which will be very hard.
Old 03-06-2001, 01:18 PM   #3
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben91:
I need a good Ad agency with a high CPM rate , 3$~ or more if possible. If anyone knows a good one. I've looked everywhere , flycast, 24/7 media etc..

My site is gaming related and boasts up to 3-4 million impressions a month.

We spoke to L90 advertising they are offering us 25-60 cents CPC clicks and 1$-2$ CPM banner rate and 2$-10$ CPM pop ups...

however u must pay 1000$ setup fee to become a publisher

anyone knows a better deal

im still waiting for doubleclick.net's answer btw..
If the sales rep says $1 to $2 CPM, figure the realistic number is $.40 - $.50 CPM. Also figure on close to 40% defaults from L90, 247, Engage, etc.

------------------
Webmaster
http://server.com
Old 03-06-2001, 01:20 PM   #4
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy

Engage , 24/7 media offers 50~cents CPM ??
thats horribly low.

i think high traffic sites that get 3million or so impressions probably get over 3$ CPM rates

how much u guys get CPM rates with engage/247media/L90/doubelcick.net etc..?
Old 03-06-2001, 01:22 PM   #5
jkcity

Unhappy

I use engage for my site and I delivered 2.6 million impressions and to tell you the truth it was barely worth having there code in my pages.

They do get good cpm rates although they been droping of late, but the main problem is lack of filling inventry, filled inventry is at about 8 - 10% and most of that is cpc ads.
Old 03-06-2001, 01:24 PM   #6
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy

whats your average CPM rate with Engage media ? how much u make monthly average?
Old 03-06-2001, 01:26 PM   #7
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
Engage , 24/7 media offers 50~cents CPM ??
thats horribly low.

i think high traffic sites that get 3million or so impressions probably get over 3$ CPM rates

how much u guys get CPM rates with engage/247media/L90/doubelcick.net etc..?

They did a year ago - not now. I know a website that gets 90,000,000 impressions a month served by L90/Engage and they're only getting about $.35 CPM. They've also been forced to lay off most of their staff as a result of the low ad rates.

------------------
Webmaster
Old 03-06-2001, 01:26 PM   #8
Ted S

Unhappy

ROFL, when a few of the companies I worked with first hit 3/4/5 million banners a month (back like 1.5 years or more), the rates were reallyt hat good... $5-$15 cpm... that was some nice cash. Now we have somethng like 20-30,000,000 (no typo) banners a month and we cant even sell half the inventory for above a 50 cent cpm!!

Doubleclick is/was one of the main advertisers and they use to be great as well. Maybe they sitll are for sites int eh low millions, but we cant hardly fill anything with them so we end p with 90% default credit card banners (cpa/cpc) which dont get clicked.

Good luck to you but really, your best bet is to find a few companies yourself, thats where money is.

------------------
Ted Sindzinski
Extreme Factor Scuba & Extreme Sporting
Image Harbor Free Image Galleries
Old 03-06-2001, 01:28 PM   #9
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy

35 cents for a 90 million a month impressions site is insanely low... and a farce..

besides , they should not count on impressions to power the company...

they should have their main revenue from sales..
Old 03-06-2001, 01:30 PM   #10
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
35 cents for a 90 million a month impressions site is insanely low... and a farce..

besides , they should not count on impressions to power the company...

they should have their main revenue from sales..
If you read Ted's response you'll see why they were on an ad based model for revenue - CPMs used to be good. Now, they're scrambling to find a new revenue model.

------------------
Webmaster
Old 03-06-2001, 01:32 PM   #11
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy

well a combination of a AD banner CPM rate of 1$-2$ CPM rate (2 banners per page ), roughly 2$-3$ CPM , and 1 pop up ad on exit at a steady 5 CPM rate (exitfuel.com)

combination of all that, 2 banners on each page, 1 pop up.

i think u can make quite some cash a month, 5000$+ for a 3-4 million impressions a month sitrwe
Old 03-06-2001, 01:38 PM   #12
jkcity

Unhappy

I would love an ad network to fill all my iventry at good rates but it is not going to happen any more, I spend most of my time these days trying to figure out what defaults to use than actually do anything on my site.
Old 03-06-2001, 02:01 PM   #13
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
well a combination of a AD banner CPM rate of 1$-2$ CPM rate (2 banners per page ), roughly 2$-3$ CPM , and 1 pop up ad on exit at a steady 5 CPM rate (exitfuel.com)

combination of all that, 2 banners on each page, 1 pop up.

i think u can make quite some cash a month, 5000$+ for a 3-4 million impressions a month sitrwe
The thing you need to be cautious about is if you get too banner heavy, you'll drive your traffic away. If you're visitors stay on your site for say 10 pageviews, they are not going to want an exitfuel popup in their face each time they click. I bail from sites that do this and never go back. A popup should be limited to once per session at most and should be used cautiously.

I also think you are being overly optimistic as to what CPM rates you can achieve. No one gets CPMs like that unless they are cheating or brokering their ads independent of an agency.

Old 03-06-2001, 02:04 PM   #14
Ben91
Member.

Unhappy

1$-2$ CPM rate at L90 is whats the average promised they said.. If they dont offer an average of that , then id quit them and switch to doubleclick.net or find corporate advertisers to sell their ads directly on my website , building an Ad management for advertiser so they can view stats and so on.

However we won't stop until we get a minimum 2 $ CPM rate Banner rate, , 2 banners each page . 4 $CPM , thats the lowest we will go..

and im telling u , even if it means yelling the **** out of an ad agency CEO on the phone, we will get our cpm rate we deserve...
Old 03-06-2001, 02:07 PM   #15
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

The devil just called.

Hell froze over.
Closed Thread