Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2001, 02:47 PM   #1
yevlesh

Angry Safe Audit -don't get *******

Looks like Safe-Audit is playing the famous let's-cancel-when-it's-time to pay game.
I've had an account with Safe for a very long time, but I've not being using it for at least a year.
Now that the ad industry really went South, I decided to give Safe another try. Guess what? Today, on the last day of the month they sent me an email saying that "advertiser was not happy with results from my site and all my earning will be forefitted" . Keep in mind, this is a CPC campaign, not CPA.

They did not cancel me, just told me that all the money I made this month will be forefitted.

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second one this month!!!

------------------
yevlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 02:56 PM   #2
kerplunk
Member.

I don't know whether I should laugh at you or else feel sorry for you. I would have left their network after the first one...
kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 04:56 PM   #3
robot

Unhappy

When they had CPM ads, this was a regular ritual. Ads for 5 days, then cancellation and reduction of my impressions by a factor of 10 even though the ads matched my site pretty well and CTRs were generally good. Couldn't seem to make their minimum payout.

But, their advertisers come first - I really don't blame them, they have been short of advertisers for some time.

However, I did make my first good money with them with Fortunecity CPM ads a while ago. They still send me notices of their latest programs even though I apparently have disappointed them often.

Also, they must be located near a black hole that consumes their incoming e-mail.
robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 05:47 PM   #4
yevlesh

Unhappy

No, kerplunk, you don't have to laugh at me and I don't need you to feel sorry.

The "first one" was Comission Junction, who did their Great Purge about a week ago. See the posts about it on the board.
yevlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 05:49 PM   #5
kerplunk
Member.

Angry

Ah, I thought you met from the same company. (A little misunderstanding there...)
kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote