Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-1999, 10:23 AM   #1
notibrian

Cool Important Question About Search Engines!?

Well, i have been reading about search engines bring tons of visitors to many website and help the webmasters earn tons of $$$ ... but i still have some questions that i would like to ask and please please help me out, i beleive some other new webmasters will want to know the answer to the below questions as well:-

1. Which search engines are most efficient in bringing visitors?

2. Do i have to put meta tags in all my web pages or only in the index.html?

2a. Do i have to submit all my webpages or only the index.html page?

3. in keywords in the meta tag can i put 2 words e.g "direct download,..." or i can only put one word at a time e.g "direct,download..."?

3a. is the spacing between the keywords has any effect on the search result? e.g "direct, download" & "direct,download"

4. how do we know our sites have been recorded in the search engines' database?

5. how do we check the ranking of our site in the search engines?

6. how long do we have to wait before resubmiting our sites to the search engines?

7. is there any reliable free service that we can use to submit our sites to several search engines at a time?

8. any extra tips or advice that will bring more visitors from search engines?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your willingness to help me and other webmasters out there http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

Have a great day!

notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote