Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2001, 07:35 PM   #1
moose on the loose

Question Who's leaving Goto after the grandfather period ? What r the high traffic PPC S/E ?

Now the dust has settled over the announcement by Goto of their miniumum bid of 5 cents. Because of which I will take my $3000 a month budget elsewhere.

I am curious to know who will still leave them after the grandfather period.

Therefore, who are the biggest competitors to goto.com and as a PPC Search engine potentially offer a high volume of traffic ?

------------------
I'm green but I am keen

http://www.entertainmentuk.com
http://www.shopperuk.com
Old 04-22-2001, 07:41 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Myself and a few of my clients will be leaving GoTo at the end of the gradfathering period. I imagine that many free, content-based, advertising-supported resources would be in this same boat.

As alternatives, you could look at FindWhat, GoClick, Sprinks, Ah-Ha, 7Search, Search123 and GoPile. Each of these supports bids as low as (or lower than) 1 cent/click, and enforces no monthly minimum expense.

------------------
Czar
Old 04-22-2001, 07:47 PM   #3
WildComputer

Unhappy

I am moving this to our Site Promotion forum. Please join us there.

Personal comments:

I don't plan on quiting, but I will be cutting back some terms. Infact, already deleted some, cos I can't edit the bids how I want.

They will lose about about $200 per month from me. As I am the only bidder on many of these terms, I can't see it makes them better off.

I have already opened a/cs at several other pay per click search engines

------------------
Sunil Tanna
Closed Thread