Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2001, 01:06 PM   #1
Guava

Question networks with low CPC

Anyone know of any reputable networks with rates lower than $0.26 CPC?

I'm looking start a campaign for MailFire.

------------------
Guava
MailFire.NET Premium E-Mail Accounts
Paying affiliates 67% per signup ($4 and $13 for the different memberships)
Guava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 02:02 PM   #2
Neuads

Unhappy

Please contact me admin@neuads.com

------------------
Looking for Pop up ads?
NeuAds.com
Neuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 02:44 PM   #3
wsz

Unhappy

With Commission Junction, you can set the CPC as low as one cent per click. However, as I understand it, their set-up fee is several hundred dollars, and you must pay out a certain minimum total commissions ($250?) per month to the affiliates, and they take a percentage (20%?) of the total commissions paid.

Be *very* careful about doing a CPC program, regardless of which provider/network you use. CPC is a magnet for fraud. Some might be very obvious, but others might be subtle and difficult to catch. You will need to watch the stats closely, and make reasonable decisions (e.g. "How high a CTR is too high? Is there a good explanation in a particular case?"), to boot the cheaters while keeping the legitimately high-earning publishers.

------------------
Web Sponsor Zone - Internet Advertising Directory
http://www.websponsorzone.com
Earn Money With Your Site
wsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 02:50 PM   #4
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Guava,

I agree. If you open a cpc campaign thru anyone it will be posted on the cheating forums within 4 hours.

You'd make out better doing some trial buys from large individual websites or testing some of the PPC search engines.
Robert from SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 02:59 PM   #5
WildComputer

Unhappy

I am interested in this too, but the fraud aspect terrifies me.

I got some banners with good (known) CTR and conversion. Affordable banner impressions are maybe a better way to go?

Robert, do you have much/any insight into webseed?

------------------
Sunil Tanna
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 03:04 PM   #6
Tetraboy

Unhappy

If you would like to test out advertising some CPM I can give you some impressions on my site no minimum buy http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif Prices are negotiable. It's a gaming/teen site.
Tetraboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 03:07 PM   #7
Tetraboy

Unhappy

Also I remember you said you might start an affiliate program.... You could also add a CPC to that as well as per sell.
Old 04-12-2001, 03:21 PM   #8
Guava

Unhappy

The fraud idea bothers me a lot too. That's why I'm not starting a CPC affiliate program and not one through CJ or any of the other service like that.

I'll be making a network buy through a network that would pay it's affiliates on a CPC/CPM deal of their own arrangement. That way cheaters can't join the program because most networks aren't accepting new sites anyway, plus the network will be monitoring for fraud too.

I've already been contacted by one large network regarding a CPC deal and would be interested in other offers too. I'm going to make a small trial buy and if that turns out well then make a larger campaign purchase.

Keep your comments coming.

------------------
Guava
MailFire.NET Premium E-Mail Accounts
Paying affiliates 67% per signup ($4 and $13 for the different memberships)
Guava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 03:34 PM   #9
Chet

Unhappy

I remember when my cpc program for my contest site was posted on here. Not an hour later I got a rash of sign ups and the same people were all caught cheating using proxy servers.

One of them even recently registered on this forum right after I caught him and now is a resident at Geekvillage. I won't mention any names though http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 04:02 PM   #10
WildComputer

Unhappy

Tetraboy - I left myself wide open for that, but no I am not planning on buying from individual sites. I already have 3 "real" affiliate programs, not to mention a bounch of mini programs in ClickXchange.

------------------
Sunil Tanna
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 04:19 PM   #11
Tetraboy

Question

It's not against the rules if someone asks for places to advertise to suggest your site is it? I'm pretty new here and don't remember that in the posting guide.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:43 PM   #12
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Quote:
It's not against the rules if someone asks for places to advertise to suggest your site is it? I'm pretty new here and don't remember that in the posting guide.
You should generally avoid doing this in any case, but especially here when Guava is specifically looking for reputable networks, rather than individual sites. Welcome to Geek/Talk, by the way. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Guava, as I suggested in response to your SitePoint post, some of the most reputable CPC banner services that should welcome a large buy at that rate are these:

1. Advertising.com
2. Click2Net
3. ValueClick
4. WebsiteSponsors.com
5. BurstMedia
6. FastClick

While no system is 100% foolproof, each of these has rigid anti-fraud systems in place, and is increasingly selective as to which sites they welcome into their network.

You could supplement this with lower CPC buys through CJ, Safe-Audit or ClickXchange (I know you've previously used the latter) if you're seeking a wider selection of sites, and have enough time available to adequately manage your program.

------------------
Czar
Czar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 09:21 PM   #13
Tetraboy

Smile

Thanks czar! BTW is safe-audit a good reputable company and do they pay up and on time? Was thinking of joining them for some CPM ads. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Old 04-12-2001, 09:52 PM   #14
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Safe-Audit are reasonable, but certainly inferior to the similar CJ and Sponsorships.net. They've been around for about 4-5 years, and have consistently paid their members. As you'll note by searching this forum for previous threads about the firm, however, they do have a reputation for retroactively withholding payments from certain managed programs if they feel that your traffic was not of an adequate quality.

Also, they presently have no CPM campaigns running; only CPC and CPA.

They are worth exploring, and are a good source of supplementary income, but shouldn't be counted on as your primary ad provider.

------------------
Czar
Czar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 10:22 PM   #15
Tetraboy

Unhappy

Thanks again Czar! You're the best http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif