Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2001, 08:13 AM   #1
SearchNerd

Unhappy HomeAdvisor.com slashes payments 80%

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I have been running HomeAdvisor on a small site of mine that gets about 300 - 600 uniques a day. I was making anywhere from $.50 to $6.10 a day (I don't know what happened that day) on this program. They were paying 10 cents a click and I was almost at the $50 cut off for the month and got this email today:

---------START--COPY---------
Dear Mr

In order to better reward you for your hard work in our affiliate program, we have made a few changes in our compensation payments. We are now implementing a payout structure that will enable us to run higher promotional payouts in our program, which will help us stay competitive in today's market conditions while greatly rewarding affiliates for their hard work. Payments will now start at $.02 per click from creative links and $.05 per email captured through our newsletter link. As the campaign goes on, we will invite top-performing affiliates to join in our promotional payout tier, in which they will be given an increase in compensation for their clicks and email names.

We appreciate all of your efforts, and we look forward to your continued success in the program.

Thank You,
The HomeAdvisor Affiliate Team
haaffiliates@befree.com
------------END--COPY-------------------

Well this kind of ticks me off - in that I went to the reporting.net site to find that they have been paying .02 for the last five days. They just sent the email today! This means for me a difference of getting 73 clicks to make the minimum vs. 653 clicks.

Anyone else ticked off about this? I don't feel "appreciated for all my efforts"...
SearchNerd is offline   Reply With Quote